Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
Race 1 – PRIX FRANCOIS MATHET – 2100m OPEN. Purse EUR €55,000.
- HARRY WAY – Runner-up when beaten a head in a 2000m Class One contest on the AW at Cagnes-sur-Mer at the start of last month. Bold show expected.
- BACK TO BLACK – Winner of two of his last three starts including by 1.5L in a 2000m Class Two event at Marseille-Borely twelve days ago. Strong claims.
- WINTER PUDDING – Saw off a subsequent winner when victorious by 1.25L in a 1900m maiden at Chantilly AW. One to note on turf debut.
- MONONOF – Ended last year with a 0.75L victory in an 1800m maiden at Lyon-la-Soie in November. Tackles a tougher contest here.
- CTE D’ESCARBAGNAS – Failed to shine when 31L last of six in the G3 Prix des Chenes over 1600m at Longchamp in September. Likely capable of better than he showed that day.
- SIRTAKI – Changed trainer since winning by a neck over 1900m in a conditions event at Bordeaux last October. Leading contender.
- NOT ALONE – Supplemented runner followed up a 2000m maiden win on the AW at Cagnes-sur-Mer in January with a 1.75L third over the same track and trip three weeks ago. Notable runner.
- IMMENSITUDE – Deauville AW winner on debut in December but failed to back that up when 2.25L last of six in an 1800m Class One event at Chantilly AW five weeks ago. More required.
Summary: SIRTAKI (6) won by a neck in a 1900m conditions race at Bordeaux. Selected to deliver a victory debuting for a new trainer. HARRY WAY (1) looks a big threat following a head second in a 2000m conditions event on the AW at Cagnes-sur-Mer. BACK TO BLACK (2) performed well when winning by 1.5L in a 2000m race at Marseille-Borely. Shortlist. NOT ALONE (7) registered a 1.75L third in a 2000m race at Cagnes-sur-Mer. Warrants close consideration.
SIRTAKI (6) – HARRY WAY (1) – BACK TO BLACK (2) – NOT ALONE (7)
Race 2 – PRIX OMNIUM II – 1600m OPEN. Purse EUR €55,000.
- DENVER CHOP – Faded when 8L sixth in a 1300m Class One event at Chantilly AW four weeks ago. Stamina to prove stepping up in distance.
- KIZMAMBO – Neck second to Duc de Kent in a 1500m maiden at Cagnes-sur-Mer last month. Not written off despite a defeat in a 1600m maiden on the AW subsequently.
- KENDLY – Impressive when drawing 5.5L clear of his four rivals in a 1400m Class Two conditions race at Bordeaux 23 days ago. Strong claims.
- DUC DE KENT – Unbeaten in two starts in 2023 including when winning by 0.75L over 2000m in a Class One on the AW at Cagnes-sur-Mer three weeks ago. Bold show expected.
- BIRR CASTLE – Off the mark at the second attempt when victorious by 0.75L in a 1600m maiden at Compiegne in September. Top chance.
- STRAKO – Successful at this level in the Criterium de Lyon over 1600m at Lyon-Parilly last September. Failed to shine over 2000m when last of nine in the G1 Criterium de Saint-Cloud subsequently however.
- AMERICAN FLAG – Saw off a subsequent winner when winning by 6L in a Class Two conditions race over this course and distance in November. One to note.
- ANGERS – Ended last year with a 1.5L third in a valuable sales race over 1600m at Longchamp at the start of October. Not written off.
- SOSINO – Maiden winner by 2L on heavy going over 1500m at this venue last October. Claims with improvement likely.
Summary: BIRR CASTLE (5) won by 0.75L in a 1600m maiden at Compiegne. Selected to make a winning seasonal debut. KENDLY (3) is expected to challenge for the following a 5.5L triumph in a 1400m conditions race at Bordeaux. DUC DE KENT (4) holds strong claims having triumphed by 0.75L in a 2000m AW contest at Cagnes-sur-Mer. AMERICAN FLAG (7) registered a 6L success in a 1600m conditions race here. Dangerous with the runner-up that day scoring subsequently.
BIRR CASTLE (5) – KENDLY (3) – DUC DE KENT (4) – AMERICAN FLAG (7)
Race 3 – PRIX D’ESTIMAUVILLE – 2100m HCP. Purse EUR €25,000.
- KLIFF BERE – Resumes today. Last appeared at Angers over 2000m when fifth four months ago. Looks tested in this field.
- SHEMBALA – Lightly raced filly who was beaten 3L into third last start over 2100m at Pornichet. Sure to measure up here.
- YOU JUST ROCK – Returned from a spell last start with a solid third at Cagnes-sur-Mer over 2150m. Fitter for that run.
- GREAT PROMISE – Has progressed with each run culminating in a third last time out over 1900m at Deauville All Weather. Needs more.
- NEKOLETO – Last appeared three-and-a-half months ago when he finished 3L from the winner in third over 1900m at Chantilly All Weather. Sure to be thereabouts.
- MANDEGA – Broke a long drought last time when he scored by a long neck at Fontainebleau over 2000m. Hard to beat again.
- HERMANO – Won his maiden two back at Pornichet then could only manage fifth last start over 2100m at Pornichet. Better than the last run suggests and can do better.
- ONE POINT – Scored her maiden win last time out over 2150m at Cagnes-sur-Mer. Shapes as a chance again.
Summary: MANDEGA (6) is taken to complete a double following a neck victory in a 2000m claimer at Fontainebleau. YOU JUST ROCK (3) is expected to play a hand in the finish after a 2.25L third over 2150m at Cagnes-sur-Mer. SHEMBALA (2) placed third when beaten 3L in a 2100m conditions race at Pornichet. Shortlist on handicap debut. ONE POINT (8) won by 1.5L in a 2150m handicap at Cagnes-sur-Mer. Of note in this field.
MANDEGA (6) – YOU JUST ROCK (3) – SHEMBALA (2) – ONE POINT (8)
Race 4 – PRIX TEDDY – 1400m HCP CL2. Purse EUR €53,000.
- AMEDRAS – Won three times earlier on in the campaign and most recently finished third at Cagnes-sur-Mer over 1500m. Can contest the finish.
- SHINNING OCEAN – Was beaten just 0.9L when fifth on his latest appearance at Deauville All Weather over 1500m. Winning chance.
- LEV – Hasn’t raced since finishing fourth over 1600m at Longchamp five months ago. Can return in good order.
- PASSALITO – Winner two back at Pau All Weather then repeated over 1400m at Mont-de-Marsan. Current form hard to go past.
- MEMORY DREAM – Has not raced since finishing fourth over 1400m at Dieppe on November 1. Place.
- COUR DU ROI – Not firing at all recently. Winner will come from elsewhere.
- LUPO NERO – Has not raced since finishing sixth over 1400m at Chantilly All Weather on January 14. See how he returns.
- OFFRANVILLE – Has been out of the money in recent runs including last time out when fifth over 1500m at Cagnes-sur-Mer three-and-a-half weeks ago. Not keen on her chances.
- WHITE PLATIN – Has not raced since finishing 4L away in fifth over 1400m at Longchamp on October 27. Needs more time.
- PUERTO MADERO – Yet to break through this campaign but hasn’t been far away including a last start fourth over 1600m at Chantilly All Weather. One of the chances.
- NORWEGIAN SIR – Yet to find the frame in two runs since resuming from a spell. More required.
- TARIDA – Last start finished eleventh at Cagnes-sur-Mer. Looks tested this line-up.
- MR GOODNIGHT – Finished a close third at Cagnes-sur-Mer All Weather over 1300m. Leo Roussel retains the ride. Expected to finish in the mix.
- MASTERBOY – Resumes from a break of 12 weeks. Finished seventh on his most recent appearance over 1500m at Deauville All Weather. Goes well first up.
- ETATIQUE – Latest form hasn’t been up to scratch and he is now out to 485 days without a win. Finished eighth on his latest appearance over 1500m at Cagnes-sur-Mer. Can’t recommend on that performance.
- NOCE D’OR – Has a poor win strike and failed to improve on it last start when he finished third over 1300m at Chantilly All Weather. Top-three hope.
Summary: PASSALITO (4) completed a double when winning by a head over 1400m at Mont-de-Marsan. Selected to continue his winning run. SHINNING OCEAN (2) looks a threat on the back of a 0.75L fifth in a 1500m handicap at Deauville AW. MEMORY DREAM (5) enters calculations back in a handicap having delivered a 4.25L fourth in a 1400m conditions race at Dieppe. MR GOODNIGHT (13) gets in off a nice weight following a 0.5L third over 1300m on the AW at Cagnes-sur-Mer. Claims back on turf. LEV (3) completes the shortlist.
PASSALITO (4) – SHINNING OCEAN (2) – MEMORY DREAM (5) – MR GOODNIGHT (13) – LEV (3)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg