Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
French Race Card – 31st January
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
Race 1 – PRIX ADOLPHE ROSSIO – 1600m CL2. Purse EUR €26,000.
- YOOZUNA – Last appeared nine weeks ago when he won over 1900m at Deauville AW. Worth noting he filled a minor placing first-up last prep at Marseille-Borely. Looks a key runner.
- TOTAL KNOCKOUT – Finished third over 1300m at Chantilly AW at his latest appearance on November 2. Goes well first up. Can return with a bold run.
- SWEETHEART – Has not raced since finishing 4.5 lengths away in eighth over 1400m at Longchamp on October 23. Among the main contenders.
- RESACON – Five wins and twelve placings from 28 starts in native Spain. Place hope on French debut.
- NATIONAL SERVICE – Was below his best two back in Listed company at Deauville AW then ran a much better race last start when third over 1600m at this track. Hard to beat on that latest effort.
- CONTESSA VERDE – Will start at long odds again after some mediocre efforts of late. Not likely to bother these.
- SAPHIRA DREAM – Will start at long odds again after some mediocre efforts of late. Won’t figure in the finish.
Summary: YOOZUNA (1) won by 1.25L in the Listed Prix Lyphard over 1900m at Deauville AW. Selected to resume with a victory. NATIONAL SERVICE (5) looks a threat on the back of a 2.25L third tackling 1600m here. Makes appeal. SWEETHEART (3) finds a good opportunity debuting for a new trainer having finished 4.25L eighth in the 1400m Listed Prix de Saint-Cyr at Longchamp. TOTAL KNOCKOUT (2) came home 1.75L third attempting a 1300m handicap at Chantilly AW. Shortlisted.
YOOZUNA (1) – NATIONAL SERVICE (5) – SWEETHEART (3) – TOTAL KNOCKOUT (2)
Race 2 – PRIX CHARLES GASTAUD – 1500m HCP CL2. Purse EUR €50,000.
- DANTES – Good effort last start when he finished a close second at Chantilly AW over 1600m. Leading prospect.
- KING ROBBE – A sequence of wins was broken last time when ninth over 1300m here on the AW. Cannot be underestimated.
- TARIDA – Has not raced since finishing second over 1400m at Listed level at Fontainebleau on November 25. Looks hard to beat.
- NORWEGIAN SIR – Lines up for the first time since November 17. Only raced twice last prep and was unplaced on both occasions, the most recent result a sixth over 1600m at Saint-Cloud.
- DIVA DU DANCING – Back from a brief spell. Finished her last campaign impressively, scoring by 0.8 lengths over 1600m at Lyon-Parilly. In the mix.
- OUT OF TIME – Hasn’t raced since finishing ninth over 1900m at Bordeaux ten weeks ago. Others preferred.
- SIR SPARKALOT – Last appeared when he scored over 1600m on the AW here on January 19. Winning hope.
- MILLE SABORDS – Back from a brief spell. Last appeared when successful by 0.8 lengths at Toulouse over 1400m on November 27. Solid top-three prospects.
- MIRAGE REVE – Hasn’t done much in recent times, the latest effort an eighth over 1600m here on the AW beaten 5 lengths. Will need to do a bit more.
- ELECTROSCOPE – Beaten 6 lengths into fifth when resuming last start over 1300m at this venue AW. Fitter and looks set to improve sharply.
- MYSTERY – Finished well back in 14th over 1800m at Lyon-la-Soie when resuming last start. Can bounce back.
- CARLTON CHOICE – Resuming today. Doesn’t usually fire early in the campaign. Will improve after this outing.
- INATTENDU – Placed two starts back at Marseille Vivaux but couldn’t back that up when unplaced over 1600m on the AW here last time. Strong contender on best form.
- TOUR D’ECHELLE – Unable to find the winners’ circle this campaign. Last start was beaten 9 lengths into 11th over 1300m at this track AW. Will need to improve sharply.
- J’AURAIS DU – Has six wins and 25 placings from 85 starts. Made nice progress last time when second over 1500m at Marseille Vivaux. Can hit the frame with the right run.
- SCARFACE – Has been out of the winners’ circle for some time. Last raced when ninth over 1300m at Deauville AW, 2.75 lengths from the winner. Others make more appeal.
Summary: DANTES (1) is taken to score following a 0.75L second over 1600m in a claimer at Chantilly AW. Leading player. SIR SPARKALOT (7) won by 0.5L in a 1600m handicap on the AW track here. Expected to challenge for the win. TARIDA (3) rates a threat having been beaten 7L runner-up in the 1400m Listed Prix Ceres at Fontainebleau. In the mix. ELECTROSCOPE (10) warrants consideration on the back of a 5.75L fifth in a 1300m AW handicap here. DIVA DU DANCING (5) registered a 0.75L victory attempting 1600m at Lyon-Parilly. Noted.
DANTES (1) – SIR SPARKALOT (7) – TARIDA (3) – ELECTROSCOPE (10) – DIVA DU DANCING (5)
Race 3 – PRIX DES BLEUETS – 2000m CLM. Purse EUR €17,000.
- MOJO EGO – Resumed at this track over 2000m last time out and finished fourth, beaten 5.5 lengths. Plenty of improvement to come.
- LE TROPIC – Was below his best last time when midfield over 2150m on turf here. Generally going well however with placings at two of last four starts. Has ability and is well placed.
- DREAM WUKAIR – Yet to find the frame in two runs to date, the latest effort a well-beaten 11th over 2150m on turf here. Looking elsewhere.
- PATTOLO – Heading in the right direction. Last start finished 6 lengths away in third over 2150m at Lyon-la-Soie. Not far away last time but prepared to risk here.
- TO TEN METERS – Beaten 3.5 lengths into third at Lyon-la-Soie two starts ago then appeared at this track last time and finished 6 lengths from the winner in fourth. Certainly worth another chance.
- FIZZI TOF – Finished third last start over 2000m at Marseille Vivaux, 5 lengths from the winner. Hard to see him troubling the top chances this time.
- NYMPHE D’EROXENE – She has had mixed results winning two of her last four starts. Her most recent win was by 2 lengths at Marseille Vivaux over 2000m. Holds claims.
Summary: MOJO EGO (1) delivered a 5.25L fourth over 2000m at this track. Selected to double his career tally. Leading contender. TO TEN METERS (5) looks a big threat wearing first time blinkers having finished 6.5L fourth in a 2000m maiden here. LE TROPIC (2) finds a good opportunity following a 7.75L seventh in a 2150m maiden on turf here. NYMPHE D’EROXENE (7) won by 2L tackling a 2000m claimer at Marseille-Vivaux making penultimate start. Holds claims if protagonists underperform.
MOJO EGO (1) – TO TEN METERS (5) – LE TROPIC (2) – NYMPHE D’EROXENE (7)
Race 4 – PRIX DE CAILLE – 1500m HCP CL4. Purse EUR €14,000.
- MAKHZEN – Has been out of the money recently including last time when sixth over 1500m at Marseille Vivaux three weeks ago, beaten 4.5 lengths. Can turn things around.
- MAKSEN SENORA – Still a maiden after finishing 14th last start over 1900m at Deauville AW. Has ability and is a definite winning hope in this field.
- LILY APPLE – Is coming back sharply in trip after she finished 12th last start over 2600m at Marseille Vivaux. Can play a role.
- ENZO – Has been out of the money of late including last time when 13th over 1500m at Marseille Vivaux six weeks ago, beaten 5.5 lengths. Can turn things around.
- PRESS OFFICER – Beaten 7 lengths into 11th when resuming last start over 2150m at this track. Rates highly and should improve.
- CHANT D’AUTOMNE – Seasoned galloper who hasn’t broken through for 11 months. Wasn’t far away last time when second over 1600m here on the AW. Rates highly.
- NAVALIS – Was below his best last time, finishing seventh and beaten 4.5 lengths over 1500m at Marseille Vivaux. Can bounce back.
- CHEEKY TRAOU LAND – Battled last start to finish ninth over 1500m at Marseille Vivaux, adding to a sequence of plain results. A better run is on the cards.
- QUEEN OF THE NIGHT – Returns after a spell of nine weeks. Closed the last campaign in lukewarm fashion, with a 12th over 1400m at Toulouse the latest offering.
- ENJOY THE SILENCE – Never looked like threatening over 1600m at this track AW at the latest appearance, beaten 6 lengths into 13th. Unlikely to threaten.
- ASTERION – Has not raced since finishing 8 lengths away in 11th over 1400m at Toulouse on November 27. Happy to risk.
- FEE HISTORIQUE – Disappointing when fresh from a break, finishing 10 lengths from the winner over 2150m at this track. Faces tough task. Others preferred.
- MEHANYDREAM – Hasn’t won in 15 months. Finished eighth, beaten 3.5 lengths last start over 1600m here AW. Prepared to risk.
Summary: CHANT D’AUTOMNE (6) is selected to record a victory following a 0.75L second over 1600m on the AW here. Leading contender. Top weight MAKHZEN (1) looks a threat having managed 4.25L sixth tackling 1500m at Marseille-Vivaux. ENZO (4) registered some solid efforts in defeat prior to a disappointing thirteenth at Marseille-Vivaux. Strong claims of making amends. MAKSEN SENORA (2) may return to form debuting for a new stable.
CHANT D’AUTOMNE (6) – MAKHZEN (1) – ENZO (4) – MAKSEN SENORA (2)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg