Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
ARGENTAN / VICHY – 17 August
Race 1 – PRIX HUBERT BASSOT – 2500m . Purse EUR €17,500.
1. JARIV DES BRUYERES – Wasn’t expected to do much when fresh from a spell last start at Saint Malo over 2500m and wound up in fourth, beaten 7 lengths. Can do much better this time with the run under his belt.
2. JIMFA – Turned in a good effort last time out when a nose away in second at Corlay over 2300m. Only has a small field to contend with and is the one to beat.
3. JULIE DE MONTOT – Filly by Nom De D’la from Une De Montot on debut. Watch market closely.
4. JOICALINE – Was well in the market on debut last start but could only manage eighth, beaten 6 lengths, over 2300m at Brehal. Has upside and can sneak into the finish.
Summary: JIMFA (2) built on a nice debut fourth with a nose second over 2300m at Corlay last-time-out. Top chance on the formbook. Newcomer JULIE DE MONTOT (3) may provide the chief threat especially if strong in the betting. JARIV DES BRUYERES (1) displayed ability when fourth at Saint-Malo and looks next best. JOICALINE (4) rounds out the quartet.
JIMFA (2) – JULIE DE MONTOT (3) – JARIV DES BRUYERES (1) – JOICALINE (4)
Race 2 – PRIX DE LONGCHAMP – 1300m MDN. Purse EUR €18,000.
1. L’OPEN – Returned in good order last start, beaten only a nose when second at Le Touquet over 1300m. Solid top-three chance.
2. DAMOISEAU – Was well in the market on debut but could only manage third, beaten 6 lengths, over 1200m at Deauville. Solid top-three chance.
3. NOSHOWLIKEAJOESHOW – Stepping back in trip after finishing fifth over 1400m at Vichy last time out. Can improve on the latest effort and is expected to be in the finish.
4. SOUL OF THE NATION – Was safely held on debut last start when fifth and beaten 2.75 lengths over 1400m at Le Lion-D’angers. The race experience will be invaluable. Solid contender.
5. MAYSAN – Last appeared when she finished fourth over 1300m at Longchamp on July 21. Doesn’t need to improve that much.
6. CHAYTON GIFT – Didn’t show a great deal on debut over 1400m at Dieppe on July 24. Other runners are better placed.
7. ROSEL – Last appeared when she finished fifth over 1400m at Saint Cloud on June 21. Beaten comfortably last time out but this suits.
8. MYMAP – Pushed forward before finishing seventh, beaten 2.25 lengths on debut. Could progress.
9. DROLE DE DAME – Finished seventh beaten 5 lengths over 1400m at Dieppe on debut. May need more time.
10. TARFEH – Was safely held on debut last start when seventh and beaten 17 lengths over 1200m at Deauville. Needs to lift.
11. LA CHIP – Unraced filly by Dream Ahead out of Mafasina. Betting to provide the best guide.
Summary: MAYSAN (5) has shown a good level of ability in both starts to date including when a strong 2.5L fourth over this trip at Longchamp. Top claims. DAMOISEAU (2) was well-fancied on debut and did shape promisingly when third having raced off the front at Deauville. May last longer this time around. L’OPEN (1) was just denied over this trip at Le Touquet nineteen days ago. Interesting on stable debut. NOSHOWLIKEAJOESHOW (3) is one for the placings.
MAYSAN (5) – DAMOISEAU (2) – L’OPEN (1) – NOSHOWLIKEAJOESHOW (3)
Race 3 – PRIX PHILIPPE DE BOURGOING – 1300m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. TARAMANA – Little form to say he can make an impact.
2. KIWI KISS – Just one career win from 41 starts. Last start finished 6 lengths away in seventh over 1300m at this track. Found a race to improve.
3. BIG FREEZE – Last appeared when he finished second over 1400m at Le Lion-D’angers on August 7. Close to a win. One of the better chances.
4. KENOR – Has not appeared since he was safely held in 15th over 1600m at Compiegne on June 10. Likely to need more time.
5. HURRICANE LIGHT – Scored a dominant win last time over 1400m at Le Lion-D’angers. Can measure up again.
6. FRENCH BERE – Has been out of the money in recent runs including last time out when sixth over 1100m at Dieppe three-and-a-half weeks ago, beaten 3.5 lengths. Looking to others.
7. THROTTLE CONTROL – Not a prolific winner with just two victories from 34 starts.Disappointed past two but form consistent prior.
8. BELLE IMPRESSION – Well held last start when 11th over 1600m at La Teste De Buch to continue a run of plain efforts.
9. MEHANYDREAM – Now 282 days without a win, the latest effort a sixth over 1000m at Vichy, beaten 5 lengths. Low on confidence and hard to recommend.
Summary: HURRICANE LIGHT (5) has been running particularly well in Class Three and Four handicaps of late including when winning by 2.5L over 1400m at Le Lion-d’Angers last start. Top contender under a 3kg rise. BIG FREEZE (3) was a good runner-up in a similar contest at Le Lion-d’Angers last-time-out. Should be firmly in the mix. THROTTLE CONTROL (7) holds place claims over this trip and KIWI KISS (2) is worth a market check on stable debut in this moderate handicap.
HURRICANE LIGHT (5) – BIG FREEZE (3) – THROTTLE CONTROL (7) – KIWI KISS (2)
Race 4 – PRIX PAULETTE MALDANT – 1600m MDN. Purse EUR €16,000.
1. DIHASTI – Resumes after a spell of five months. Inauspicious debut when 11th over 2000m at Le Lion-D’angers. Doesn’t bring the right form to the table.
2. CHAAM – Went down by just a nose when second at La Teste De Buch over 1600m last time out. Winning chance.
3. BEIJINHO – In the money two starts back at Marseille Vivaux but couldn’t back that up when unplaced over 1600m at this track last time. Capable of sharp improvement.
4. TCHORO – Returned at long odds last start and finished 4.5 lengths adrift in fifth over 1600m at this track. Can do much better this time with the run under his belt.
5. SUYIAN – Was well in the market on debut but could only manage third beaten 3.5 lengths over 1600m at this track. Same rider Clement Lecoeuvre aboard again. Has upside and can feature in the finish again.
6. SALMAH – Went forward on debut last start over 1800m at Dieppe and gave a sight but found a couple better beaten 1.75 lengths. Likely improver with top-three prospects.
Summary: SALMAH (6) shaped pleasingly when third over 1800m on debut at Dieppe and with that experience gained she should go close under Soumillon. Similar comments apply to SUYIAN (5) who filled the same spot when showing considerably ability on debut over course and distance. Leading claims for top connections. The experienced CHAAM (2) can be firmly involved following a near-miss in a maiden at La Teste. BEIJINHO (3) is considered.
SALMAH (6) – SUYIAN (5) – CHAAM (2) – BEIJINHO (3)
Race 5 – PRIX BENJAMIN BOUTIN – 2900m HCP. Purse EUR €18,000.
1. THE GREAT GABI – Had been knocking on the door and a deserved win came last start by 2.5 lengths over 3000m at Dieppe. In great form and can make it back-to-back wins.
2. DIAMAND DE VINDECY – Last appeared when he finished fifth over 2400m at Vichy on August 5. This appears to be easier.
3. CHARLIMIX – Form has dropped off in last two after a win at Cavaillon three runs back. Likely to struggle on recent form.
4. CANIAR DE LUXE – Stepping out at this course for the first time. Last appeared when he finished third over 2650m at Chateaubriant on July 23. Definite winning chance. Keep safe.
5. RELY ON ME MAN – Handy stayer fitter for two runs back, the latest when win over 1700m at Pompadour. Will be improved on the two runs in and is worth value bet consideration.
6. BELLA ROSSA – Stepping out at this course for the first time. Last appeared when she finished second over 3000m at Dieppe on July 18. Include.
7. RUE DE VOLGA – Produced a better run last time out when third over 2400m at Vichy, beaten 3.5 lengths. In the mix.
8. HOH MY LADY – Comfortably held last start when friendless in betting over 3000m at Dieppe. Hard to enthuse.
9. PRINCESSE BASC – Last appeared when she finished fifth over 3400m at Vittel on July 24. Capable of a big finish.
Summary: THE GREAT GABI (1) beat BELLA ROSSA (6) by 2.5L in a 3000m Class Three conditions event at Dieppe last-time-out. The former is expected to uphold the form and could make a winning handicap debut although the latter remains worth considering from an each-way angle. A bigger danger could perhaps come from RELY ON ME MAN (5) who is interesting taking a huge step up in trip having won a 1700m maiden at Pompadour last start. DIAMAND DE VINDECY (2) is worth a second glance upped in distance in first-time blinkers.
THE GREAT GABI (1) – BELLA ROSSA (6) – RELY ON ME MAN (5) – DIAMAND DE VINDECY (2)
Race 6 – PRIX DE MOLADIER – 1600m CLM CL3. Purse EUR €16,000.
1. SUGAR DADDY – Encouraging first-up run when second at Miesau over 1400m on July 15. Fitter and worth following up.
2. FLY D’ASPE – Has not raced since finishing eighth over 1700m at Longchamp on May 19. Very strong performer at this stage of the prep. Has to be respected.
3. QUIVIVEN – Fair effort two starts back at this track and distance when fourth, beaten 2.75 lengths. Couldn’t repeat last time when down the track at Dieppe over 1800m. Not likely to feature.
4. ELUSIVE NELSON – Resumed from a spell last start with a win by a head over 1800m at Compiegne. Harder here and prepared to risk this time.
5. STEPASIDE BELL – Fitter for recent racing and looks close to a win after finishing third over 2000m at Compiegne last time. One of the chances.
6. QU’HUBO – Broke back into the top-three last start when second at this track over 1400m beaten 2 lengths. Good effort last start and can build on that performance.
7. ITMAN – Has been thereabouts at both runs this time in work. Good effort last start to finish third over 1400m at this track three weeks ago. Ready to peak third run in. Don’t underestimate.
Summary: ELUSIVE NELSON (4) just prevailed in a Class Two handicap over 1800m at Compiegne last-time-out. Impossible to dismiss at this standard. Another taking a sizeable drop in grade is FLY D’ASPE (2) and with an excellent record over this trip she looks a genuine contender. QU’HUBO (6) was sent off favourite when runner-up in a Class Four claiming handicap over 1400m here. Should be involved at the business end. QUIVIVEN (3) is not ruled out.
ELUSIVE NELSON (4) – FLY D’ASPE (2) – QU’HUBO (6) – QUIVIVEN (3)
Race 7 – PRIX D’ECOUCHE – 2100m HCP. Purse EUR €18,000.
1. SPEED BALL – Not doing a lot this campaign including a very underwhelming last start tenth over 2500m at Deauville All Weather, beaten 14 lengths. Better placed for this race.
2. LEXINGTON GOLD – Last appeared when he scored over 2400m at Vittel on July 17. Can back up again.
3. MY ROYAL PASSION – Resumed at Saint Malo over 2500m last time out and finished sixth, beaten 6 lengths. Fitter and can break through.
4. AMI SOLEDAD – Returned from a layoff last start and was beaten 3 lengths into fifth over 2200m at Clairefontaine. Rates highly and should do much better.
5. COMTESSE VERA – Finished 11th last start over 1800m at Saint Malo. Fills an occasional place.
6. ICE MAGIC – Has not been racing well lately, the latest effort a eighth and beaten 6 lengths over 1400m at Clairefontaine. Difficult to recommend.
7. GOT SHINE – Stepping out at this course for the first time. Last appeared when she finished tenth over 2800m at Longchamp on June 16. Look elsewhere.
8. AVENUE OF DREAMS – Last appeared when she finished second over 1800m at Saint Malo on July 19. Ready to win.
9. JANISA BERE – Went down narrowly last start when second at Vichy over 2000m. Likely to feature again.
Summary: LEXINGTON GOLD (2) was always towards the fore when winning a 2400m handicap by 1L at Vittel a month ago. Major chance up 2.5kg. AMI SOLEDAD (4) shaped nicely when when a 3L fifth over 2200m at Clairefontaine on handicap debut twelve days ago. Open to further progress. AVENUE OF DREAMS (8) has been supplemented on the back of a good 1800m handicap second at Saint-Malo. One to note. MY ROYAL PASSION (3) is worth a market check on handicap bow.
LEXINGTON GOLD (2) – AMI SOLEDAD (4) – AVENUE OF DREAMS (8) – MY ROYAL PASSION (3)
Race 8 – PRIX DE DECIZE – 2000m CLM. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. ANOTHER YOUNI – Second run back. First-up after seven months finished fourth at this track on July 18 over 2000m beaten 2.5L. Fitter and worth including.
2. DUX – Finished at Compiegne on July 26 over 2400m, beaten 6L. Genuine hope.
3. INSTANTANE – Resumes off a 30 day let-up and last start 2nd at this track on July 18 over 2000m beaten a nose. In the finish last time and is a player.
4. POP LIFE – Third-up today. Last start seventh at this track on July 27 over 1600m beaten 7L. Can do a lot better than that last run.
5. JOLIENENE – At the latest run fourth over 2000m this track. Nice effort last time. Can go on with the job now.
6. SIBUYU – Comes here off a 37-day let-up. Most recently fifth at Vittel on July 11 over 1600m. Place.
Summary: INSTANTANE (3) backed up a win at Aix-les-Bain with a narrow second in a track and trip claimer thirty days ago. Expected to regain the winning thread under suitable conditions. ANOTHER YOUNI (1) was returning from a break when shaping nicely back in fourth in that event. May take a step forward and rates highly under a top rider. DUX (2) is two from four over this distance and is worth noting back at 2000m. SIBUYU (6) holds claims.
INSTANTANE (3) – ANOTHER YOUNI (1) – DUX (2) – SIBUYU (6)
Race 9 – PRIX WINGS OF EAGLE – 1900m HCP CL4. Purse EUR €12,000.
1. PARISIAN BELLE – Stepping back in trip after finishing fourth over 1600m at Deauville last time out. Finds a nice race this time and looks hard to beat.
2. LILLY DREAM – Hasn’t won in 22 months. Lost rider last start over 1800m at Saint Malo. Looking to others.
3. AYANA – Six-year-old mare who drops in distance from the latest outing when fourth over 2100m at Le Touquet, finishing 1.75 lengths off the winner. Sure to be thereabouts.
4. PREMIO – Finished third last start over 2600m at Josseline. Right in the mix.
5. ADORATA – Just one career win from 27 starts. Last start finished 2.5 lengths away in third over 1800m at Saint Malo. Chance.
6. MADULAIN – Went close last time when second over 1800m at Saint Malo. Likely to feature again.
7. RISE HIT – Has been in the market but missed the frame at his last two starts, the latest when sixth over 2000m at Vichy. Among the chances.
8. I CAN DREAM – Beaten 6 lengths into sixth when resuming last start over 3100m at La Gacilly. More needed.
9. MOCKLERSHILL – Has had one run back from a break and was well held in 11th over 1800m at Saint Malo three weeks ago. Still early in the prep and needs another run or two.
10. VALENTINE MIST – Easily beaten at her last run before spelling and didn’t fare any better when resuming over 1800m at Saint Malo two weeks ago, beaten 11 lengths into seventh. Unlikely to be competitive.
11. SOTCHI – Has been out of the money recently including last start when seventh over 1700m at Granville-St-Pair-Sur-Mer two-and-a-half weeks ago, beaten 18 lengths.
Summary: AYANA (3) produced a solid 1.5L fourth in a 2100m Class Four handicap at Le Touquet nineteen days ago. Notable claims in what looks a suitable affair. PARISIAN BELLE (1) remains a sixteen race maiden but was a close fourth over 1600m at Deauville last-time-out but has to be included following some consistent form. Supplemented runner PREMIO (4) cannot be discounted and MADULAIN (6) is also considered having finished a solid second in a Class Four handicap at Saint-Malo.
AYANA (3) – PARISIAN BELLE (1) – PREMIO (4) – MADULAIN (6)
Race 10 – PRIX JURIETTI – 2400m CL2. Purse EUR €22,000.
1. AVENUE NIEL – Back from a brief spell. Last appeared when successful by a head at Longchamp over 2100m on May 26. Capable of picking up where she left off.
2. ZANNDABAD – Resumed at Compiegne over 2400m last time out and finished fifth beaten 2.25 lengths. Fitter for that run and expected to be in the finish this time.
3. GOLDAMI – Scored his maiden win last time when resuming from a spell over 2100m at Toulouse. Has ability and another bold showing is expected.
4. COURTESY CALL – Honest galloper who looks ready to win after three runs back, the latest effort a win over 2400m at Le Lion-D’angers seven-and-a-half weeks ago. Fit now and worth including.
5. ALLADA – Steps out to 2400m for the first time today after a modest effort last time out, finishing 10 lengths away in tenth over 1600m at Clairefontaine. Capable of a better run.
Summary: ZANNDABAD (2) may have needed the run when a 2L fifth over this trip in a Class Two conditions event at Compiegne on reappearance. Expected to be sharper this time around and rates highly for a notable trainer and jockey combination. Recent Class Two handicap winner AVENUE NIEL (1) looks a strong contender on the figures. COURTESY CALL (4) won a handicap at Le Lion-d’Angers last start and is worth including while ALLADA (5) is surely better than what he showed when well beaten at Clairefontaine.
ZANNDABAD (2) – AVENUE NIEL (1) – COURTESY CALL (4) – ALLADA (5)
Race 11 – PRIX ELISABETH MUSSAT – 1900m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. MUST BE AN ANGEL – Hasn’t raced since finishing 13th over 1950m at Le Mans 12 weeks ago. Good fresh performer.
2. LLOYD – Last appeared when he scored over 1800m at Saint Malo on August 4. Ideally placed to make it two on the trot.
3. RISKY JANE – Last appeared when she scored over 2400m at Rochefort-Sur-Loire on August 7. Racing well and can win again.
4. GUGUS DES BRIERES – Last appeared when he scored over 1800m at Saint Malo on July 27. Sure to be right there at the business end.
5. INDIAN SOUL – Ran a better race last start to finish third at Le Lion-D’angers over 2000m. One of the main hopes.
6. CASSATA – Hasn’t won in more than a year. Must improve off a last-start 15th over 1800m at Clairefontaine to feature in the finish.
7. CRYING OVER HERE – Has been thereabouts without winning, last start finishing third over 2000m at Vichy. Has ability but needs to lift.
8. ASANDA – Has been very ordinary since winning at Les Sables-D’olonne four starts back. Beaten 7 lengths when eighth over 1800m at Saint Malo last start. Prepared to overlook.
9. GORMLAITH – Returned from a spell and was safely held when ninth over 1800m at Saint Malo. Still early in the prep and might need more time.
10. KENBAIO – Returned from a spell last start with a nice win by 1.75 lengths over 1800m at Dieppe. Back in great order and is definitely worth including.
11. GRACE OF CLIFFS – Resumed from a spell last start with a fourth over 2000m at Vichy. Will benefit from that run and is among the chances.
Summary: A really competitive finale where plenty arrive with chances. GUGUS DES BRIERES (4) eased clear for a 4.5L Class Four handicap success over 1800 at Saint-Malo last start. Claims despite a hike in the weights. This is slightly tougher than when RISKY JANE (3) scored by 0.5L at Rochefort-sur-Loire recently but she must be respected in a hat-trick bid. GRACE OF CLIFFS (11) raced from the front when fading into a close fourth in a 2000m Class Three handicap at Vichy. Dangerous if allowed an easy lead. Last start handicap Dieppe winner KENBAIO (10) completes the shortlist.
GUGUS DES BRIERES (4) – RISKY JANE (3) – GRACE OF CLIFFS (11) – KENBAIO (10)
Race 12 – PRIX DE TOURY-LURCY – 2000m CLM CL4 HCP. Purse EUR €12,000.
1. ALFIERI – Was below his best two back at this track then ran a much better race last start when third over 2000m at this track. Cannot be discounted.
2. WHEEL OF CHANCE – Back sharply in trip last time and didn’t feature when tenth over 1600m at this track. Unlikely to threaten these.
3. MORCOTE – Broke a drought when he scored last start over 2000m at this track. Can follow up in this race.
4. LEJENDARIO – Has been out of the money recently including last start when fifth over 1850m at this track four weeks ago beaten 6 lengths. Best form stacks up nicely so worth another chance.
5. PRINCEDESCHAMPS – Has been out of the placings in recent runs. Last start finished 6 lengths from the winner in fifth over 2100m at Vittel. Looks safely held.
6. TRIMLIGHT – Handy stayer who has been plain of late including last start when well held over 2000m at Compiegne. This looks a nice assignment so expect a lot more.
7. SIMARUBA – Wasn’t expected to do much when fresh from a spell last start at Vittel over 2100m and wound up in 12th beaten 17 lengths. Expect her to progress.
8. SINAKHA – Yet to fire this prep. Last start was a disappointing ninth over 1400m at Dax on July 26. Rates strongly and can find best form this time.
9. EXPLORE THE SHORE – Moderate first-up when 40 lengths away in eighth over 2000m at this track. Not keen on his prospects.
Summary: MORCOTE (3) was always well positioned when winning a course and distance Class Four claiming handicap last outing but there’s little reason to believe he shouldn’t be going very close off the same mark. ALFIERI (1) finished third in the aforementioned event and looks sure to be on the premises once more. LEJENDARIO (4) was a good fourth over this trip at Aix-les-Bains two starts ago. Worthing noting for Soumillon. TRIMLIGHT (6) holds place claims having been supplemented.
MORCOTE (3) – ALFIERI (1) – LEJENDARIO (4) – TRIMLIGHT (6)
Race 13 – PRIX DE SAINT-POURCAIN-SUR-SIOULE – 2000m CL3. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. COSMAS – Has been out of the money in recent runs including last time out when fourth over 1600m at Lignieres a week-and-a-half ago beaten 7 lengths. Can turn things around.
2. CLEOD’OR – Has been out of the money recently including last start when fourth over 2000m at Aix-Les-Bains five weeks ago beaten 2.75 lengths. Terrific chance to return to form.
3. MORTON – Handy stayer racing below his best including last start when fourth at this track over 1600m. Well-placed so expect a lot more.
4. EQUUS VINCIT – Has been solid in two runs following a spell. Most recently finished 2 lengths away in third four weeks ago over 2500m at Saint Malo. Ready to peak at the third run in. In the mix.
5. SANTURIN – Has been out of the money recently including last time out when eighth over 2100m at Chantilly a month ago beaten 4 lengths. Tested again.
6. BROK – Last appeared ten months ago when he finished 10 lengths from the winner in fourth over 2000m at Chantilly. Did finish in the money first-up last prep at Chantilly over 2000m. Likely to run well.
Summary: A tight conditions race. BROK (6) hasn’t been seen since finishing a moderate fourth behind a pair of subsequent winners in the 2000m Listed Grand Prix du Nord at Chantilly last November. May be up to making a winning reappearance. MORTON (3) looked outpaced when fourth in a 1600m Class Two conditions event at this course latest. Worth another chance back up in trip. CLEOD’OR (2) needs including as a three-time scorer over the distance and EQUUS VINCIT (4) cannot be disregarded on ratings.
BROK (6) – MORTON (3) – CLEOD’OR (2) – EQUUS VINCIT (4)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg