Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
DEAUVILLE – 14 August
Race 1 – CIRCUS MAXIMUS PRIX FRANCOIS BOUTIN – 1400m OPEN. Purse EUR €80,000.
1. MYSTERIOUS NIGHT – Fine third in the G2 Vintage Stakes at Goodwood (UK) last month. Well placed to go close.
2. BOLSHKINOV – Easy 4.5L winner of a newcomers event at Saint-Cloud over 1300m in June. Fascinating runner despite the steep rise in grade.
3. MONTESILVANO – Leopardstown (Ire) maiden winner on penultimate outing. Others preferred.
4. NEVERSAY – Placed in the Listed Prix Roland de Chambure over track and trip last month. Among the chances.
5. IPANEMA PRINCESS – Ran into the frame in the G3 Prix Six Perfections over course and distance earlier in the month. Could repeat.
6. PINK PONG – Progressing nicely after back-to-back victories including at this venue. Not entirely ruled out of placing raised in class.
Summary: MYSTERIOUS NIGHT (1) is expected to be firmly involved in the finish after a good third at Group Two level. Genuine win chance eased in class for a leading stable. BOLSHKINOV (2) made a striking 4.5L debut success at Saint-Cloud. Notable claims despite the steep rise in class. NEVERSAY (4) is among the contenders following a solid third in the Listed Prix Roland de Chambure. PINK PONG (6) is not ruled out with a progressive profile.
MYSTERIOUS NIGHT (1) – BOLSHKINOV (2) – NEVERSAY (4) – PINK PONG (6)
Race 2 – PRIX NUREYEV – 2000m OPEN. Purse EUR €55,000.
1. DREAMFLIGHT – Fine second in this company at Chantilly over 1600. Key chance raised in journey.
2. CARINI – Completed a hat-trick in a Class One conditions event at Longchamp last month. Strong form chance for a top trainer and jockey combination.
3. JACK DARCY – Fourth in the G3 Gordon Stakes at Goodwood (UK) last month. Among the each-way options.
4. AIGLE VAILLANT – Front runner who ran seventh in the Listed Prix Frederic de Lagrange at Vichy over 2400m. Likely to find a few too strong.
5. ATHABASCAN – Improved runner-up in the Listed Prix Pelleas at Compiegne over 2000m. Place.
6. LASSAUT – Failed to live up to Group One level in the Prix du Jockey Club at Chantilly over 2100m in June. Well placed to return to winning ways.
7. MAGICAL BEAT – Two places behind Athabascan at Listed standard nineteen days ago. Others more persuasive.
Summary: LASSAUT (6) can bounce back to winning form after a break. Last seen in Group One company and is ideally placed in this easier standard for a top trainer. CARINI (2) is a hugely progressive type who completed a hat-trick in a Class One conditions event at Longchamp. Obvious contender. DREAMFLIGHT (1) holds honest claims for leading connections following a fine second at Chantilly. JACK DARCY (3) has place appeal.
LASSAUT (6) – CARINI (2) – DREAMFLIGHT (1) – JACK DARCY (3)
Race 3 – PRIX DE BARNEVILLE – 2500m HCP CL2. Purse EUR €50,000.
1. BELGIAN PRINCE – Fine fifth in a 3000m handicap at Vichy in similar company. Thereabouts.
2. SANTA ZOO – Downfield run in this grade at Saint-Cloud following an excellent winning spell previously. Career high weight now.
3. SMILE MAKERS – Consistent runner in conditions event this campaign. One to note stepping into handicap company.
4. THUNDERSPEED – Back-to-back handicap placings at this level. Consistent but the wide draw is a concern.
5. NOBODY’S – Completed a hat-trick in an easier Vittel handicap over 2400m. Raised 4.5kg but in the form of his life.
6. ELECTRON LIBRE – Yet to place in six starts at this track. Others make more appeal.
7. SASAKIA – Stayed on strongly to claim fourth in a similar Vichy handicap over 3000m. Unexposed.
8. CHECKPOINT CHARLIE – Downfield effort resuming at Dieppe over 2400m. Others make more appeal.
9. NOT SO SILLY – Well held in a Clairefontaine handicap over 2400m a fortnight ago. Others more persuasive.
10. BREATH OF FIRE – Shown promise in previous four handicap runs at this level. More required to reach the frame.
11. MYKISS – Beaten a long way in a Compiegne handicap over 2800m in June. Would be a shock winner.
12. SCENARISTE – Seventh in this class at Longchamp over 1850m last month. Place chance on best efforts.
13. PJEDRO – Excellent third in a Dieppe 2400m handicap last month. Among the each-way players.
14. AUENWOLF – Maintained excellent consistency with a good second at Dieppe over 2400m. Lively contender.
15. CALACONTA – Well held in previous couple of handicap runs at Saint-Cloud. Well drawn.
16. BADEN ROCKS – Best turf effort when an excellent second reappearing at Saint-Cloud. Respected.
Summary: BADEN ROCKS (16) put in his best turf performance when second reappearing at Saint-Cloud. Expected to measure up with fitness on side. SASAKIA (7) has been raised 4.5kg after a hat-trick of victories in easier company. Notable runner. SMILE MAKERS (3) must be considered following a Clairefontaine placing with AUENWOLF (14) arriving in consistent form. Included. BELGIAN PRINCE (1) is another to keep safe.
BADEN ROCKS (16) – SASAKIA (7) – SMILE MAKERS (3) – AUENWOLF (14) – BELGIAN PRINCE (1)
Race 4 – PRIX DU HARAS DE FRESNAY-LE-BUFFARD JACQUES LE MAROIS – 1600m OPEN. Purse EUR €1,000,000.
1. BATHRAT LEON – Front running fourth in the G1 Sussex Stakes over 1609m at Goodwood (UK) last month. Not guaranteed to have an easy lead.
2. DJO FRANCAIS – Winner of the G3 Prix Bertrand du Breuil Longines over 1600m at Chantilly. Fully tested at this level.
3. ORDER OF AUSTRALIA – Below par effort when seventh in the G1 Sussex Stakes at Goodwood last month. Capable of bouncing back to challenge for a place.
4. STATE OF REST – The benefit of an excellent ride when scoring in the G1 Prince Of Wales’s Stakes at Ascot (UK) over 2004m. Player.
5. EREVANN – Remains unbeaten in three starts following a reappearance victory in the G3 Prix Paul de Moussac Longines. Dangerous to dismissed despite the rise in class.
6. COROEBUS – Four wins from five starts including an excellent success in the G1 St James’s Palace Stakes. Tough to pass if replicating.
7. LIGHT INFANTRY – Excellent second reappearing in the G1 Prix Jean Prat over 1400m at this venue. Each-way.
8. PROSPEROUS VOYAGE – Surprise winner of the G1 Falmouth Stakes ahead of a future winner at Newmarket (UK) over 1609m. Respected for a place.
9. INSPIRAL – Lost her unbeaten record when turned over at short odds in the G1 Falmouth Stakes at Newmarket (UK). Huge chance if atoning.
Summary: The feature race looks a terrific contest where the home contingent only saddle a couple of runners. INSPIRAL (9) is firmly expected to bounce back to top form after a first defeat of her career in the G1 Falmouth Stakes at Newmarket (UK). Top claims if at her best. COROEBUS (6) holds huge claims if backing up his victory in the G1 St James’s Palace Stakes at Ascot (UK). STATE OF REST (4) was the beneficiary of a positive ride when scoring at the top tier in latest. Respected. EREVANN (5) could surprise a few stepping up in class after a hat-trick of wins first up. Place.
INSPIRAL (9) – COROEBUS (6) – STATE OF REST (4) – EREVANN (5)
Race 5 – PRIX GONTAUT-BIRON HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB – 2000m OPEN. Purse EUR €80,000.
1. MONTY – Top performer who scored in the G3 La Coupe before a short break. Genuine contender.
2. RIOCORVO – Third career win in the G3 Grand Prix de Vichy over this journey last month. Consider.
3. WALLY – Excellent operator who got back to winning ways in the G3 Prix Messidor over 1600m. Key player who is a dual track and trip scorer.
4. DILAWAR – Unbeaten in two track visits prior to an excellent second in the G3 Prix Bertrand du Breuil Longines. Respected.
5. MAJESTIC DAWN – Allowed an easy lead to score in the Listed Festival Stakes at Goodwood (UK). Not to be underestimate with a leading jockey booked.
6. LORD CHARMING – Runner-up behind a future scorer in the G3 Preis Der Landeshauptstadt Magdeburg in Germany last month. Tougher assignment but place claims.
Summary: DILAWAR (4) ran a highly-rated rival close when second in the G3 Prix Bertrand du Breuil Longines at Chantilly. Ideally placed to go one better. WALLY (3) and MONTY (1) are top operators in this grade and deserve maximum respect after last-time-out wins. MAJESTIC DAWN (5) was gifted an easy lead prior to success in Listed company at Goodwood (UK). Not ruled out for a notable jockey booking.
DILAWAR (4) – WALLY (3) – MONTY (1) – MAJESTIC DAWN (5)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg