Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
VITTEL / CLAIREFONTAINE – 03 August
Race 1 – PRIX DE LA SOCIETE DES COURSES DE WISSEMBOURG – 1300m MDN. Purse EUR €11,000.
1. EAGLEHAWK – Yet to find the frame in two runs, the latest when seventh over 1800m at Compiegne. Has plenty of upside and deserves another chance.
2. MONSIEURVALCHOP – Missed the frame two back but was a lot better last time when second over 1200m at Aix-Les-Bains. Rates highly on the latest effort and can measure up.
3. NOCE D’OR – Disappointed in a Class Two at Chantilly latest but would hold strong claims on the form of Longchamp maiden second prior.
4. KARINAS DREAM – Last appeared when he finished sixth over 1600m at Lyon-Parilly on June 26. Tempted to look elsewhere on recent form.
5. SEPTIMUS SEVERUS – Returns after a spell of three-and-a-half months. Failed to impress in two appearances last time in work, the latest effort a sixth over 1600m at Cologne.
6. ROCKETTA – Made her debut over 2300m at Montlucon-Neris last start, starting and finishing a long way from the winner in sixth.
7. PLAZA – Well held second up after finishing third when resuming over 1400m at Moulins. Needs to turn form around sharply to be competitive.
8. WALDROSE – Well in the market last but disappointed when 9 lengths away in sixth over 1600m at this track. Might improve at this standard.
9. SEE YOU PINK – Filly by American Devil from Belrose on debut. Can give a bold sight.
Summary: A moderate maiden that can go the way of MONSIEURVALCHOP (2) following a good 0.5L third in a Class Three conditions race at Aix-les-Bains. Top chance. NOCE D’OR (3) disappointed in a Class Two at Chantilly latest but would hold strong claims on the form of Longchamp maiden second prior. Newcomer SEE YOU PINK (9) is worth noting while WALDROSE (8) is also considered.
MONSIEURVALCHOP (2) – NOCE D’OR (3) – SEE YOU PINK (9) – WALDROSE (8)
Race 2 – PRIX LIONS CLUB VITTEL PAYS THERMAL – 1600m HCP. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. MAJAL – Fair effort last start, beaten 2.5 lengths into second over 1600m at this track. One of the chances.
2. ANNO – Has been out of the money of late including last time out when fifth over 1600m at this track a week-and-a-half ago, beaten 3.5 lengths. Tough to beat if near his best.
3. MONTASIA – Progressive filly. Got off the mark last time with a head victory over 1600m at this track. Could go on.
4. SAN TEODORICO – Yet to finish in the placings from six career runs. Back from a spell last start and finished fourth over 1600m at this track. Unlikely to threaten.
5. WING GIRL – Last appeared when she finished sixth over 1800m at Dieppe on June 17. Capable of a better run.
6. LOUVE PRECIEUSE – Produced a better run last time out when second over 1600m at this track, beaten a head. Among the chances.
7. PERFECT LIAISON – Missed the frame two back when sixth at Compiegne but turned in a better effort last time to finish in the money over 1800m at Aix-Les-Bains. Worth including.
8. FEDE GALIZIA – Landed in the placings for the first time last start when 2.25 lengths from the winner in third over 1600m at this track. Sound effort last time but might struggle this time.
Summary: A tight handicap to decipher. MAJAL (1) shaped nicely when runner-up in a course and distance maiden on his third career starts. Leading claims on handicap debut for a decent yard. MONTASIA (3) had some of these behind when narrowly prevailing in a track and trip handicap twenty-three days ago. Chance up 2kg. LOUVE PRECIEUSE (6) finished runner-up that day and should be firmly involved now better off at the weights. The unexposed WING GIRL (5) is worth including.
MAJAL (1) – MONTASIA (3) – LOUVE PRECIEUSE (6) – WING GIRL (5)
Race 3 – PRIX PARI MUTUEL (PRIX PRINCE MAB) – 1400m CL2. Purse EUR €34,000.
1. MOJO EGO – Made a pleasing start to his career last time out, scoring by 1.5 lengths over 1400m at La Teste De Buch. Open to plenty of improvement and another win is on the cards.
2. MARKSWOMAN – Good effort last start to win her maiden over 1400m at Compiegne at just her second appearance by 0.8 lengths. Rates highly.
3. KOEUR FLEURY – Has been out of the placings in two runs to date, the latest when safely held in fifth over 1400m at Saint Cloud. Improver who can do much better.
4. FROZEN – Made her debut over 1400m at Chantilly finishing a long way from the winner in fourth. Mickael Barzalona is aboard again. Likely improver.
5. SHIRIN – Pushed forward on debut last time but could only manage eighth. Was strong in the market. Could find improvement.
Summary: MOJO EGO (1) is expected to remain unbeaten following a successful debut effort at La Teste over this distance. Rates highly for a top stable. MARKSWOMAN (2) got off the mark second up in a Compiegne maiden. May appeal with a progressive profile. SHIRIN (5) showed little on debut but was strong in the market. Could find improvement. FROZEN (4) is another who may have more to offer with a run under her belt.
MOJO EGO (1) – MARKSWOMAN (2) – SHIRIN (5) – FROZEN (4)
Race 4 – PRIX MAGNUM LA RADIO – 1600m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €16,000.
1. CHARNOCK RICHARD – Not a prolific winner with just six victories from 72 starts. Last start finished third over 1700m at Divonne. Among the chances.
2. MAGNETIQUE – Scored three runs back but has been disappointing in two subsequent efforts, the latest when seventh over 2000m at Lyon-Parilly. Well placed to find winning form again.
3. TURTLE CHOPE – Struggling to break through this campaign, the latest effort a fair seventh over 2000m at Vichy. Thereabouts last time but looks safely held.
4. ARTAX – Has not raced since scoring over 1800m at Zweibrucken (GER) on April 24. Worth noting he won first-up last prep at Zweibrucken over 1800m. Could spring a surprise.
5. FORZA SEDACA – Stepping out at this course for the first time. Last appeared when he finished fourth over 1600m at Lignieres on July 17. Forward showing expected.
6. METALLICA STAR – Hasn’t done much in recent times, the latest effort a ninth over 1600m at this track, beaten 5 lengths. Prefer others.
7. LEEROY GOLD – Resumed from a spell last start and did well to finish second over 1600m at this track. Shaping up nicely and can play a role in the finish.
8. BOBIK – Has struggled to make his mark of late, the most recent effort a fifth over 1300m at this track two-and-a-half weeks ago. Well placed to take this out.
9. MUCH STYLE – Stepping out at this track for the first time. Last appeared when she finished tenth over 1400m at Clairefontaine on July 23. Better than that recent performance suggests.
10. LUCKY YOU – Finished just 2.5 lengths away in third last start over 1850m at Longchamp. Worth including.
11. POLDINA – Broke through for an overdue win last time over 1600m at this track. Back in form and whilst up in weight remains a good chance.
Summary: POLDINA (11) beat LEEROY GOLD (7) by 1L in a Class Four track and trip handicap last month. The former can go well with a 2.5kg rise fair while the latter should be competitive if running to a similar level. FORZA SEDACA (5) has been running well of late and must be respected on the back of a decent Class Three qualifying handicap fourth at Lignieres seventeen days ago. ARTAX (4) won by 10L at Zweibrucken (Germany) and is worth noting on a first French handicap start.
POLDINA (11) – LEEROY GOLD (7) – FORZA SEDACA (5) – ARTAX (4)
Race 5 – PRIX PARI 2 SUR 4 (PRIX DES AUBEPINES) – 1400m CLM. Purse EUR €19,000.
1. STORM KODI – Has not raced since debut over 1300m at Saint Cloud two months ago and finished sixth. Showed ability behind three future winners. Key player if stepping forward.
2. QUIETLY CONFIDENT – Last appeared when she finished sixth over 1600m at Saint Cloud on July 16. Genuine hope on best form.
3. ZENIGATA – Beaten 2 lengths into second at Amiens two starts ago then appeared at Saint Cloud last time and finished 4.5 lengths from the winner in sixth. Tough to beat on best. Can atone.
4. SECRET FEELING – In the money two starts back at Aix-Les-Bains but couldn’t back that up when unplaced over 1400m at Vichy last time. Hard to beat on her best form.
5. PRETTYCHARLY – Finished second last start over 1400m at Dieppe, 3 lengths from the winner. Fair effort on that occasion.
6. CHERRY ANN – Resumes after a spell of nine months. Only had one run in the maiden prep and was easily accounted for over 2000m at Marseille Vivaux. Wait until she shows something.
7. POSEIDINA – Finished in the placings for the first time last start when third over 1400m at Longchamp. Heading in the right direction. Don’t underestimate.
8. LAURA TREZY – Delivered a better run last time out when fourth over 1600m at this track, beaten 2.25 lengths. Likely to measure up.
9. ICE MAGIC – Stepping out at this circuit for the first time. Last appeared when she finished eighth over 1350m at Lyon-Parilly on June 27. Prepared to just watch today.
Summary: POSEIDINA (7) displayed her best run with a fine third in this class at Longchamp. Pacey type who is expected to be involved in the finish. STORM KODI (1) showed ability behind three future winners on debut. Key player if stepping forward. ZENIGATA (3) has placed four time from eight outings. Firmly in the mix. SECRET FEELING (4) has scored over this trip. Worth keeping safe.
POSEIDINA (7) – STORM KODI (1) – ZENIGATA (3) – SECRET FEELING (4)
Race 6 – PRIX DU CASINO DE VITTEL – 2400m HCP CL4. Purse EUR €13,000.
1. WELL DE VINDECY – Capable galloper but has been out of the placings at her last few runs, the latest when seventh over 2800m at Compiegne. Hard to ignore the recent efforts so others preferred.
2. WONDER HOPE – Finished midfield last start at this track over 2100m, 2.5 lengths from the winner. Rises in journey.
3. VISIONARY DREAMER – Finished well back at his latest appearance when unwanted in betting over 2500m at Saint Cloud. This is easier.
4. DORALICE – Has been out of the money in recent runs including last time out when ninth over 2100m at this track three-and-a-half weeks ago, beaten 4.5 lengths. Terrific chance to return to form.
5. RUNNING RAINDROP – Was below her best last time when 11th over 2100m at this track, beaten 10 lengths. Needs to find a few lengths to threaten these.
6. HE’S A ROCK STAR – Last start scored a win over 2500m at Aix-Les-Bains. Has recorded 4 victories from 49 starts. Among the chances.
7. ALWAYS DANCING – Scored over 3000m at Strasbourg two back then missed the frame last time out over 2800m at Compiegne.On the shortlist.
8. DARENIX – Finished midfield last start at Vichy over 2000m, 5 lengths from the winner. Stretches out over further today.
9. ERMINA – Has been out of the money recently including last start when fifth over 2400m at Lignieres two-and-a-half weeks ago, beaten 16 lengths.
10. LIE HIGH – Narrowly beaten last time when third at Le Touquet, finishing just a long neck from the winner. Likely to feature again.
Summary: HE’S A ROCK STAR (6) made all the running when scoring by a head in a 2500m Class Four handicap at Aix-les-Bains latest. Key claims. LIE HIGH (10) finished a close-up third in a Class Four handicap over 2100m at Le Touquet. Expected to be thereabouts. DORALICE (4) could be included if replicating a decent Saint-Cloud fourth two starts ago. ALWAYS DANCING (7) is another to note.
HE’S A ROCK STAR (6) – LIE HIGH (10) – DORALICE (4) – ALWAYS DANCING (7)
Race 7 – PRIX SIMPLE GAGNANT ET SIMPLE PLACE (PRIX MISTI) – 2400m UNR. Purse EUR €22,000.
1. SHAHZAD – Son of Dariyan from Saghaniya making his debut. Can give a bold sight.
2. CAP FAREWELL – Unraced colt by The Grey Gatsby out of Drole De Dame. Hard to assess. Could be of interest.
3. GOTHA – Colt by Ultra from Sarvana on debut. Look for market interest.
4. ALLSBURG BILBERRY – Unraced gelding by Machucambo out of Shawnee. Nice profile and capable of featuring.
5. MONT ET MERVEILLE – Unraced gelding by Montmartre out of Cote Vermeille. May need time.
6. WENNEMAR – Soldier Hollow colt from Winterkonigin on debut. Expected to run well.
7. FIRST TRIPLE – Unraced gelding by Triple Threat out of One Halen. Betting to provide the best guide.
Summary: A newcomers event for colts and geldings where the betting will likely guide their chances. SHAHZAD (1) catches the eye on paper as a son of Dariyan for a notable trainer and jockey team. Rates highly. GOTHA (3) can run a forward race if given a market push for a stable among the winners. WENNEMAR (6) is one to note from an excellent yard. Any market support could be telling. CAP FAREWELL (2) completed the shortlist.
SHAHZAD (1) – GOTHA (3) – WENNEMAR (6) – CAP FAREWELL (2)
Race 8 – GRAND PRIX DE LA VILLE DE VITTEL – 2400m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €16,000.
1. DJANGO UNCHAINED – Lightly raced entire who progressed nicely last start with a win by 2 lengths over 2500m at Saint Malo. Worth including.
2. NOBODY’S – Has chalked-up wins at his last two starts, the latest over 2100m at this track by 8 lengths. Going well and can measure up again.
3. REBEL D’ANS – Easily beaten at his last run before spelling and didn’t fare any better when resuming over 2400m at Compiegne three-and-a-half weeks ago, beaten 29 lengths into ninth. Can’t recommend.
4. KADRUN – Has been out of the money in recent runs including last time out when seventh over 2900m at Clairefontaine three-and-a-half weeks ago, beaten 3 lengths. Expect he will make amends.
5. CAPABLE – Has had one run back from a break and was well held in tenth over 3000m at Vichy two weeks ago. Still early in the prep and needs another run or two.
6. ROCCA YOU – Beaten 7 lengths into ninth when resuming last start over 3000m at Vichy. Rates highly and expected to do much better with that run under her belt.
7. TORNALDO – Has been in the money at both starts this campaign, most recently when a head from the winner in second over 2100m at this track. Good chance.
8. HALLO WIEN – Back from a break of nine weeks. Closed the last campaign in lukewarm fashion, with a fourth over 3000m at Strasbourg the latest offering. Prefer to see how she has returned.
9. CASTLETOWNBERE – Produced a better run last time out when fourth over 2100m at this track, beaten 2.5 lengths. Worth including.
10. ITALIE DE KERSER – Has been well held since winning three starts back. Finished fourth, beaten 14 lengths, over 2400m at Lignieres last time. Better placed this time and should return to form.
11. SILVER MAGIC – Has a poor strike and failed to improve on it last start when he finished third over 2400m at Wissembourg. Well placed this time and expected to measure up.
Summary: NOBODY’S (2) has received a sizeable hike up the weights for a recent impressive 8L course and distance success recently. Remains feasibly treated on the pick of his figures and could be up to completing the hat-trick. DJANGO UNCHAINED (1) made all the running to win a Class Three conditions affair by 2L over 2500m at Saint-Malo. Unexposed handicapping and may yet have more to offer. SILVER MAGIC (11) finished third behind Nobody’s at Wissembourg. Thereabouts. TORNALDO (7) looks a solid each-way player with some good placed form over this distance.
NOBODY’S (2) – DJANGO UNCHAINED (1) – SILVER MAGIC (11) – TORNALDO (7)
Race 9 – PRIX COUPLE GAGNANT, PLACE, ORDRE (PRIX ROSELIERE) – 2400m UNR. Purse EUR €22,000.
1. SPEEDY ANGEL – Almanzor filly from Speed Of Anabaa on debut. Pedigree to say she can run well.
2. LADY MARVEL – Masked Marvel filly from Legende Du Berlais on debut. Watch the market carefully.
3. ALL STORY – Unraced filly by No Risk At All out of Cover Story. Faces a tough test.
4. LADY PARTARO – Filly by Elm Park from Patty Dancer on debut. Wait and see how she presents.
5. WINTERLINDE – Unraced filly by Maxios out of Wunderblume. Looking to others.
6. MAPPATASSIE – Unraced filly by leading sire Australia out of Montezuma. No surprise if she measured up.
7. ZENTA – Filly by Pastorius from Zenturie on debut. Expected to measure up.
8. SWEET BUT PSYCHO – Daughter of Vale Of York from Sand Diamond making her debut. Watch market closely.
9. STELLA DUCET – Three-year-old filly out of Group 3 winning dam Steip Amach. Has the pedigree and will pay to keep safe.
10. LACEFULL – Unraced filly by leading sire Sea The Stars out of Ibiza. Nice profile and capable of featuring.
11. TING TING – Unraced filly by leading sire Frankel out of Mydarshaan. Looks set to run well.
Summary: A newcomers event for fillies. TING TING (11) and SPEEDY ANGEL (1) look the two to concentrate on with eyecatching pedigrees. Preference is for the Frankel filly Ting Ting for notable connections. The latter must be hugely respected if given a market push. MAPPATASSIE (6) rates a genuine contender for a leading trainer and jockey partnership. ZENTA (7) has place appeal.
TING TING (11) – SPEEDY ANGEL (1) – MAPPATASSIE (6) – ZENTA (7)
Race 10 – PRIX JOUONS RESPONSABLE (PRIX KALAMOUN) – 1600m MDN. Purse EUR €22,000.
1. MEMENTO MORI – Last appeared when he finished second over 1600m at Chantilly on July 2. Cannot be ruled out.
2. LION’S MANE – Resumes. Was well fancied and finished in the minor placings at both runs during his first prep, the latest when second over 1400m at Chantilly on September 29. Could go well.
3. HARTWOOD MAN – Made some progress last start to finish fifth over 1500m at Saint Cloud when lining up for just the second time. Heading the right way and looks ready to win.
4. JACKSON – Talented type who has finished in the money at both career runs to date, the latest when third over 1800m at Saint Malo. Top-three candidate again.
5. WARM BREEZE – In the money two starts back at Saint Cloud but couldn’t back that up when unplaced over 1600m at Vichy last time. Worth following up.
6. KASSEFETTE – Did little on debut when beaten 29 lengths into 14th over 2000m at Saint Cloud. Others look better prospects.
7. L’HIPPOCAMPE – Finished 11 lengths from the winner in ninth last start over 1800m at Dieppe, his second unplaced effort in two career runs. Others rate better.
8. AZUREUS – Last appeared when he finished third over 1800m at Compiegne on June 25. Well bred and has claims.
Summary: LION’S MANE (2) is edging towards a first win following back-to-back placings including a nose second at Chantilly ahead of a future scorer. Ideally placed to get off the mark. MEMENTO MORI (1) completed a frame double in similar maiden company. Rates highly. Among the chances is JACKSON (4) who has flashed speed in both runs. AZUREUS (8) cannot be written off after a solid third at Compiegne.
LION’S MANE (2) – MEMENTO MORI (1) – JACKSON (4) – AZUREUS (8)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg