Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
VICHY – 20 May
Race 1 – PRIX NORTH COL – 1000m MDN. Purse EUR €19,000.
1. HEATHERWOOD – Faded when 5.75L fifth in a 1350m maiden at Senonnes last month. Likely capable of better.
2. MUSTAFFIZ – Good 4L third over 1200m at Fontainebleau 23 days ago. Strong claims.
3. QUEEN OF SPEED – Debuted with a 3.75L fifth in a 1000m maiden at Moulins last month. Notable contender.
4. BINTI SAAD – Held 9.5L seventh in an 1100m claimer at Fontainebleau last week. Look elsewhere.
5. MAGIC CHANGE – 10L sixth in a 1200m maiden at Fontainebleau last month. Improvement likely.
Summary: MUSTAFFIZ (2) looks up to delivering a victory following a 4L third over 1200m at Fontainebleau. Top claims in what looks a good opportunity. QUEEN OF SPEED (3) rates a big danger on the back of a 3.75L fifth when making her debut at Moulins. HEATHERWOOD (1) is expected to show up better than when 5.75L fifth in a 1350m maiden at Senonnes first up. MAGIC CHANGE (5) is taken to show improved form following a 10L last of six in the previously mentioned Fontainebleau race on debut.
MUSTAFFIZ (2) – QUEEN OF SPEED (3) – HEATHERWOOD (1) – MAGIC CHANGE (5)
Race 2 – PRIX DES REVES D’OR – JACQUES BOUCHARA – 1000m OPEN. Purse EUR €60,000.
1. FIX YOU – Impressive 4.25L winner of a 1006m maiden at Thirsk (UK) when debuting six weeks ago. Strong claims.
2. SABYA – Good 1.75L second over 1000m at Lyon-Parilly 24 days go. Bold show expected.
3. MANHATTAN JUNGLE – Unbeaten in two starts including by 1.75L in a 1000m contest at Lyon-Parilly last month. Leading contender.
4. ROSIE ROCKET – Below par 6.25L fifth in a 1000m event at Longchamp sixteen days ago. Look elsewhere.
5. EXXTRA – Successful by 0.75L in a 900m maiden at Saint-Cloud a month ago. Notable runner.
Summary: MANHATTAN JUNGLE (3) maintained his unbeaten record when winning by 1.75L over 1000m at Lyon-Parilly. Looks capable of completing a hat-trick. UK raider FIX YOU (1) rates the main danger on the back of an impressive 4.25L victory over 1006m at Thirsk (UK). Fascinating runner. SABYA (2) warrants close consideration having finished second in the previously mentioned Lyon-Parilly race. EXXTRA (5) is another with claims having broken her maiden by 0.75L over 900m at Saint-Cloud.
MANHATTAN JUNGLE (3) – FIX YOU (1) – SABYA (2) – EXXTRA (5)
Race 3 – PRIX DE LA GRANDE CHARTREUSE – 1000m CLM. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. UN PLUS UNE – Held 11L ninth over 900m in a Saint-Cloud claimer. Look elsewhere.
2. MAGIC DARIYA – Good 1.25L fourth in a claimer over 900m at Saint-Cloud three weeks ago. Bold show expected.
3. VISUMBA – Last of five when beaten 7.25L in a 1000m maiden at Marseille-Borely 21 days ago. Best watched.
4. GREATEL – Fair 6.25L fourth over 1200m at Marseille-Borely. Shaped as if a drop in trip would suit that day.
5. GO JOHNNY GO GO GO – Career best effort when 2L fifth in a 1200m claimer at Saint-Cloud. Not written off.
6. OLYMPE DE GOUGE – Good 1L third over 900m in a claimer at Saint-Cloud three weeks ago. Top chance.
7. BAILEYS ECLAIR – Unraced Lightning Spear colt. Strong claims under a top jockey.
8. PARTNER IN CRIME – Held 17L sixth over 1000m at Bordeaux twelve days ago. Improvement required.
9. LA GOKENINDIA – Down the field 4L eighth over 1100m at Nantes eighteen days ago. More needed.
Summary: OLYMPE DE GOUGE (6) is selected to break his maiden at the third attempt following a 1L third over 900m in a Saint-Cloud claiming race. Top chance with experience key. MAGIC DARIYA (2) warrants close consideration on the back of a 1.25L fourth over 900m in that Saint-Cloud claiming affair. Unraced Lightning Spear colt BAILEYS ECLAIR (7) hails from a yard who have done well with their French runners this campaign. Shortlist. GO JOHNNY GO GO GO (5) is considered on the back of a 2L fifth over 1200m at Saint Cloud.
OLYMPE DE GOUGE (6) – MAGIC DARIYA (2) – BAILEYS ECLAIR (7) – GO JOHNNY GO GO GO (5)
Race 4 – PRIX DU GRAND PORT – 2400m CLM CL4 HCP. Purse EUR €12,000.
1. GROUP DEUX CREUX – 6.5L eighth over 2400m at Nantes four weeks ago. Strong claims on this occasion.
2. PHAROA – Failed to shine when 18L fourteenth over 2400m at Saint-Cloud a month ago. Bold show expected having been supplemented for this race.
3. SUNBEAM – Held 7.75L eleventh over 2700m at Chantilly AW in March last year. Best watched.
4. COMBERMERE – Midfield finish when 6.5L seventh over 2400m at Nantes four weeks ago. Claims if at his best.
5. WLADIMIR – Held 11L sixth in a 2400m conditions race at Paray-le-Monial last month. Capable of better.
Summary: PHAROA (2) performed well when 5.5L fourth over 2700m at Chantilly AW. Selected to put a disappointment at Saint-Cloud behind him having been supplemented with a top jockey booked. GROUP DEUX CREUX (1) is taken to play a hand in the finish having been in good form prior to an 18L fourteenth over 2400m at Saint-Cloud. COMBERMERE (4) finished down the field effort at Chantilly AW on seasonal debut. This looks a suitable affair. WLADIMIR (5) recorded a 6.5L seventh in a 2400m handicap at Nantes. Consider.
PHAROA (2) – GROUP DEUX CREUX (1) – COMBERMERE (4) – WLADIMIR (5)
Race 5 – PRIX ELLIPTIQUE – 2400m MDN. Purse EUR €19,000.
1. SUNFAST – Good 0.5L third over 2400m in a Lyon-Parilly maiden last month. Top chance.
2. BLUES ROCK – Placed on both previous starts including when 2.75L third in a 2100m maiden at SaintCloud three weeks ago. Bold show expected.
3. SAINT ANTOINE – Held 8.5L ninth in a 2150m maiden at Lyon-la-Soie six weeks ago. Look elsewhere.
4. MOUNT HOTHAM – Good 1.75L third in a 2100m Longchamp newcomers race last month. Strong claims.
5. MORTELLE ADELE – Down the field 6.5L eighth over 2000m at Lyon-Parilly last month. Improvement required.
6. WANATA – Unraced Sir Percy filly. Likely to find a few too good on debut.
7. JUST NELSA – Unraced Cokoriko filly. Likely to appreciate further in time.
Summary: SUNFAST (1) is selected to deliver a victory following a 0.5L third over 2400m in a Lyon-Parilly maiden. Top chance with plenty of experience in this sphere. BLUES ROCK (2) rates a big danger on the back of a 2.75L third over 2100m in a maiden contest at Saint-Cloud. MOUNT HOTHAM (4) warrants close consideration following a 1.75L third in a 2100m contest at Longchamp on debut. Expect improvement from a top yard. MORTELLE ADELE (5) may take a step forward having finished 6.5L eighth over 2000m at LyonParilly on debut.
SUNFAST (1) – BLUES ROCK (2) – MOUNT HOTHAM (4) – MORTELLE ADELE (5)
Race 6 – PRIX D’ABREST – 1850m HCP. Purse EUR €18,000.
1. SIX DIFFERENT WAYS – Struggled 15L fifteenth over 1600m at Saint-Cloud twelve days ago. Others preferred.
2. CHAAM – Making his handicap debut following a 3.75L fifth over 1600m at Lyon-Parilly a fortnight ago.
3. ALROMY – Held 4.25L fifth in a 2100m conditions race at Marseille-Borely three weeks ago. Step forward required.
4. JOLYMPA – Good 2L third in a 2100m handicap at Longchamp nineteen days ago. Bold show expected.
5. EQUOS ALLEZ – Good form prior to a 6.25L eleventh over 1600m at Saint-Cloud earlier this month. Notable contender.
6. PICWOCKY – Failed to shine when 8L seventh over 1400m at Bordeaux 25 days ago. Needs to put that effort behind him.
7. HEART SHINING – Victorious by 2.5L in an 1850m maiden at Hyeres a month ago. One to note on handicap debut.
8. NO REGRETS – Fair 6L sixth over 1700m in a maiden at Marseille-Borely. Handicap debut.
Summary: JOLYMPA (4) gets a chance to deliver a first turf success following a 2L third over 2100m at Longchamp. Player in current form. EQUOS ALLEZ (5) is taken to play a hand in the finish having been beaten a short-head when runner-up over 1600m at Nantes on his penultimate start. Chance under a top rider. HEART SHINING (7) enters calculations following a 2.5L victory in an 1850m maiden at Hyeres. PICWOCKY (6) won by 0.75L over 1600m at La Teste on his penultimate outing. Cannot be entirely dismissed.
JOLYMPA (4) – EQUOS ALLEZ (5) – HEART SHINING (7) – PICWOCKY (6)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg