Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
SAINT CLOUD – 17 May
Race 1 – HANDICAP DE L’ILE-DE-FRANCE – 2100m HCP CL2. Purse EUR €50,000.
1. SANTURIN – Steps into handicap company after a fine third in a conditions event at Lyon-Parilly. Of note.
2. ILOT SECRET – Well-held on the AW at this level earlier in the campaign. Could improve at this favourable trip after a confidence-boosting win at Moulins.
3. LETTYT FIGHT – Downfield run over this trip at Longchamp second up. Something to find on current form.
4. RUE DES IRLANDAIS – Not beaten far when seventh in this class nineteen days ago. Place chance.
5. BARATIN – Scored in modest company at Senonnes last month. Returns to a handicap with minor place appeal.
6. GIPSY JET SEPT – Bold front-runner who ran second in an easier Marseille-Borely handicap last month. May find a few too strong at the business end.
7. THE CHARMER – Back-to-back places in conditions events since resuming. More on plate back in a handicap.
8. SALDURO – No threat in both handicap starts. Would be a surprise winner.
9. EL MANIFICO – Good fifth in this class second up over 1850m. Expected to measure up raised in trip.
10. IDEAL KING – Down the field run at Deauville on reappearance. Best form has come on the AW.
11. NAISHAN – Eased 0.5kg after a heavy defeat over this trip at Longchamp. Capable of better back at a winning venue.
12. REPLENISH – One place from five attempts over this journey. Others more persuasive.
13. GOLFING STAR – Fair start to his handicap life prior to a mishap last month. Not ruled out of a place.
14. BOURDAIN – Better effort last time but yet to produce any worthwhile form at this standard.
15. EN OR – Fair fourth second up over 2400m at this track. May not enjoy the drop in trip.
16. BENE BENE – Third in this grade here three starts ago. Lively player.
Summary: BENE BENE (16) holds strong form at this standard including a fine placing here three back. Among the main contenders. EL MANIFICO (9) delivered a solid fifth in this grade second up over 1850m. Bold showing likely. SANTURIN (1) steps into a handicap following an excellent placing at Lyon-Parilly. Notable runner. NAISHAN (11) could bounce back to form at this winning venue. Among the place chances is RUE DES IRLANDAIS (4).
BENE BENE (16) – EL MANIFICO (9) – SANTURIN (1) – NAISHAN (11) – RUE DES IRLANDAIS (4)
Race 2 – PRIX HUNYADE – 1200m UNR. Purse EUR €27,000.
1. CLIFTON DOWN – Son of leading sire Lope De Vega. Obvious appeal for notable connections.
2. SERBER – Unraced gelding by Whitecliffsofdover. May need this.
3. PURPLE RAIN – Harry Angel colt out of a Sea The Stars mare. Profiles well for a stable in good placed form.
4. BREIZH SKY – Colt by Pedro The Great from Anna Danse on debut. Market watch advised.
5. IL MINISTRO – Churchill debutant who demands a market check on first outing.
6. KABEIR PIT – El Kabeir colt from On High on debut. Happy to watch this time.
7. GOT FOX – Unraced son of Ultra. Watch the market for clues from a capable stable.
8. NORMAN COWAN – Shalaa debutant with an eye-catching jockey booking. Consider.
9. AGRI – Colt by Penny’s Picnic for a trainer and jockey combination with a fine place strike-rate. Keep safe.
10. BOLSIGH FAL MOR – Son of Bold Quest who is likely to find a few too strong.
11. KING MOLLENKOTT – First-time starter for a jockey arriving in solid form. Respect any move in the betting.
Summary: A newcomers event where betting is likely to prove telling. CLIFTON DOWN (1) appeals as a son of leading sire Lope De Vega. Consider racing for notable connections. PURPLE RAIN (3) boasts an attractive pedigree as a descendent of Harry Angel out of a Sea The Stars mare. Genuine winning chance first up. GOT FOX (7) warrants thought if given a market push while NORMAN COWAN (8) is another in the mix with a good jockey booked.
CLIFTON DOWN (1) – PURPLE RAIN (3) – GOT FOX (7) – NORMAN COWAN (8)
Race 3 – PRIX LA BELLE II – 1200m UNR. Purse EUR €27,000.
1. SAEDA TIME – Daughter of Acclamation from Quality Time for notable connections. Keep safe.
2. SAISISSANTE – Unraced daughter of Pedro The Great. Worth a market check.
3. SMOKESHOW – No Nay Never filly for a formidable trainer and jockey team. Big chance.
4. DIPLO – Dabirsim debutante for a capable trainer. Any market support would encourage.
5. BETWEEN – Filly by Seahenge out of a Singspiel mare. Watch the market for clues.
6. BARRAMEDA – Recoletos filly for a jockey in good form. One to note if given a market push.
7. SHAMAMIYAH – Shalaa debutante who may need this first hit-out.
8. START ME UP – Pastorius filly for a trainer who arrives in excellent place form. Include.
9. PRIYANKA – Mendelssohn filly from Palomanegra on debut. Obvious appeal for a powerful stable.
10. PINK PONG – Speedily-bred filly by Acclamation. Player from a good draw.
11. ETNA – Filly by French Fifteen who profiles well on paper. Worth considering.
12. ANTONINAS – Speedily-bred Profitable filly. Keep in mind.
13. BONNE LOUISE – Into Mischief filly from Pera on debut. Keep safe for a good trainer and jockey team.
Summary: SMOKESHOW (3) profiles well as a No Nay Never debutante for a top trainer and jockey partnership. Obvious appeal if strong in the market. DIPLO (4) is a Dabirsim filly for a capable trainer and worth considering at attractive odds. BARRAMEDA (6) secures a jockey in excellent form. Keep safe. PRIYANKA (9) holds obvious appeal for a top stable. Not one to dismiss.
SMOKESHOW (3) – DIPLO (4) – BARRAMEDA (6) – PRIYANKA (9)
Race 4 – PRIX ALCANTARA II – 2000m CL1. Purse EUR €35,000.
1. ANTHARIS – Sixth reappearing in this class at Longchamp over 1800m. Place claims.
2. LE SICILIEN – Fifth in the G3 Prix Noailles second up at Longchamp over 2100m. Top pick eased in standard.
3. ILIC – Good runner-up in this grade at Longchamp over 2150m (good to soft). Consider.
4. ACQUABELLA – Off the mark on third outing in a Longchamp maiden over 1850m. Keep in mind raised in class for a top stable.
5. ATHABASCAN – Improved second in a course maiden over 2100m. Tough assignment.
Summary: LE SICILIEN (2) is the clear pick on figures after a fair fifth in the G3 Prix Noailles second up at Longchamp over 2100m. Rates highly. ILIC (3) made the frame among this company nineteen days ago. Leading hope. ACQUABELLA (4) might have plenty of improvement to come following a maiden victory in latest. Raised in class but could be thereabouts. ANTHARIS (1) may sneak a placing.
LE SICILIEN (2) – ILIC (3) – ACQUABELLA (4) – ANTHARIS (1)
Race 5 – PRIX DE TRIE-CHATEAU – 3100m CLM CL3 HCP. Purse EUR €16,000.
1. MALAAW – Placed in an easier AW claimer 54 days ago. Could reach the frame.
2. BOSQUENTIN – Downfield in previous couple of 2500m claiming handicaps on the AW. Step forward needed.
3. FRENCH DIVA – Down the field in a stronger AW handicap on reappearance. Could improve sharply eased in grade back on turf.
4. KING NONANTAIS – No threat in a pair of moderate handicaps since resuming. Would be a surprise winner.
5. SHUT THE BOX – Held in three stronger races this campaign. Key chance on the figures.
6. VASY SAKHEE – Improved 2L fourth here in similar company last month. Obvious appeal.
Summary: SHUT THE BOX (5) will need to overturn a trio of moderate efforts this term but drops considerably in standard. Notable chance on figures. VASY SAKHEE (6) improved into fourth at this venue among similar company in latest. Genuine winning hope. FRENCH DIVA (3) may improve sharply returning to turf. Can make the frame along with MALAAW (1).
SHUT THE BOX (5) – VASY SAKHEE (6) – FRENCH DIVA (3) – MALAAW (1)
Race 6 – PRIX DOUBLE ROSE – 1400m MDN. Purse EUR €27,000.
1. MONARCHIC – Three straight placings including in stronger company. Key chance to get off the mark after a break.
2. OPALUS ROAD – Excellent second in front of a future winner on sole start over course and distance. Huge runner.
3. FASTEN WAVE – Showed some promise when eighth behind a pair of subsequent winners at Compiegne. Not written off.
4. OFFRANVILLE – Improved runner-up reappearing in a similar 1400m maiden at Compiegne. Obvious appeal.
5. AEROSTACH – Ninth on handicap debut at Nancy. Likely to find a few too strong.
6. SNOWBLIND – Good second debuting at Vichy over this distance last term. One to note.
7. POSEIDINA – Good effort when a close-up fourth behind a couple of future scorers at Deauville AW on sole outing. Leading chance.
8. MORRIGANE – Ran on strongly to take fifth debuting at this track over 1300m last season. Top claims.
Summary: POSEIDINA (7) ran a close fourth debuting behind a pair of future winners at Deauville AW. Leading contender to get off the mark. MORRIGANE (8) finished strongly to take fifth first up over 1300m here last season. Notable claims raised in journey. MONARCHIC (1) maintains excellent maiden form. Definitely worth considering. FASTEN WAVE (3) might progress sharply second up. Keep in mind for a placing at attractive odds.
POSEIDINA (7) – MORRIGANE (8) – MONARCHIC (1) – FASTEN WAVE (3)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg