Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
NANCY / PARIS LONGCHAMP – 15 May
Race 1 – PRIX DES VISTANDINES – 2500m HCP CL4. Purse EUR €14,000.
1. HACKLE SETTER – Hasn’t won in 14 months. Finished fifth beaten 6 lengths last start over 2125m at Wissembourg. Better placed and expected to go well.
2. NAMAR – Changes rider since being well held last time in 14th over 2200m at Chantilly. Better than the last run suggests.
3. SILVER MAGIC – Still a maiden after 35 starts and was comfortably held last time out despite finishing third over 2125m at Wissembourg. Capable of giving a tremendous sight.
4. ERMINA – Last start finished sixth over 2350m at Saint Galmier. Has recorded just 3 victories from 60 starts. Has ability and is one of the chances.
5. TEXAS BRIGHT MOON – Last start finished sixth over 2350m at Saint Galmier. Has recorded just 3 victories from 60 starts. Has ability and is one of the chances.
6. LADIE SALSA – Started this campaign in poor form, last start finishing fifth and beaten 6 lengths over 2400m at Lyon-Parilly. Struggling to make a case.
7. HORSE BOREAL – Has a solid record at the track and steps up 500m in distance here. Can lift on his last start fifth over 2000m at Strasbourg. Not out of it.
8. ALWAYS DANCING – Has not appeared since she was safely held in seventh over 1800m at Lyon La Soie on January 6. Will improve on what she does here.
9. DEMOISELLEDAVIGNON – Fair effort two starts back at this course and distance when fifth beaten 3.5 lengths. Couldn’t repeat the dose last time when down the track at Lyon-Parilly over 2400m. Not likely to feature.
10. ACTION PARFAITE – Needs to show more after some pretty ordinary recent efforts the latest when tenth over 3000m at this track. Hasn’t won in 4 starts at the distance so must improve.
11. SAINTE CECILE – Form in recent times has been moderate including a last start tenth over 2000m at Strasbourg. Unlikely to threaten.
12. SIGNORINA GINA – Ran a better race last start to finish third at Paray-Le-Monial over 3000m. One of the main hopes.
13. GALLINA DU MOULIN – Has not raced since finishing 4 lengths away in seventh over 2150m at Lyon La Soie on January 13. Hard to enthuse.
Summary: SIGNORINA GINA (12) looks up to delivering a victory following a 3.75L third in a 3000m contest at Paray-le-Monial. SILVER MAGIC (3) rates the main danger on the back of a 4.75L third in a 2125m event at Wissembourg. TEXAS BRIGHT MOON (5) registered a 3L fifth in a 2500m handicap at Le Croise-Laroche first up. Shortlist. HORSE BOREAL (7) may make an impact having been beaten 7.25L when fifth in a 2000m Strasbourg handicap.
SIGNORINA GINA (12) – SILVER MAGIC (3) – TEXAS BRIGHT MOON (5) – HORSE BOREAL (7)
Race 2 – PRIX DE LA MUETTE – 2200m HCP. Purse EUR €23,000.
1. CAP SAN ROMAN – Shown some ability in three outings to date but probably needs improvement on handicap debut.
2. MONTANEL – 7L fourth in a 1800m claimer at Evreux last outing. Place looks best having changed hands subsequently.
3. IPPAROCK – Runner-up in a pair of Saint-Cloud claimers recently. Unexposed in handicap company and hard to rule out.
4. LIFTING SPIRIT – 2.25L third on handicap debut at Lyon-la-Soie AW last-time out. Open to improvement for a top yard.
5. LILAS DE FRANCE – Fifth in a 2000m handicap at Compiegne last outing. May need a bit more off the same mark.
6. DARLING CHALLENGE – Shaped well when third over 2000m at Strasbourg on handicap debut. Player.
7. BLACK GAIA – Shed the maiden tag prior to finishing a 6L sixth on handicap debut at Toulouse. Place looks best.
8. LOVE SONG – Shown ability in three maidens to date but the betting should help guide as to what is expected on handicap debut.
9. PTICOEUR DUSYLHANS – Safely accounted for in four outings thus far. Major improvement required.
10. VAL DE GRACE – Needs to find improvement now handicapping but that is possible. Market check required.
11. ONLY FOOLS – DQ in a 2500m claimer at Saint-Malo last-time out. Hard to assess.
12. GOT SHINE – Could be involved if building on her promising handicap debut third at Compiegne.
13. SANS CRAINTE – Well beaten in a 2300m handicap at Le Mans last outing. More needed dropped 1.5kg.
Summary: DARLING CHALLENGE (6) showed promise when third over 2000m at Strasbourg on handicap debut. Player with plenty of progress possible. IPPAROCK (3) arrives having finished runner-up in a pair of Saint-Cloud claimers recently. Unexposed in handicap company and hard to rule out if finding further improvement. LIFTING SPIRIT (4) finished a 2.25L third on handicap debut at Lyon-la-Soie AW last-time out. Thereabouts for a top yard. VAL DE GRACE (10) could progress now handicapping.
DARLING CHALLENGE (6) – IPPAROCK (3) – LIFTING SPIRIT (4) – VAL DE GRACE (10)
Race 3 – PRIX DE LA SEINE – 2200m OPEN. Purse EUR €55,000.
1. KNOW THYSELF – Good second in the G3 Prix Vanteaux over 1800m here latest. Leading claims.
2. QARASHA – Only fifth in the G3 Prix Cleopatre but remains unexposed and in top hands. Could still have more to offer.
3. BLUE WINGS – Won the Listed Prix Delahante at Marseille-Borely last year. Solid runner-up in a Class One conditions event at Lyon-Parilly three weeks ago. Contender.
4. HIDDEN DIMPLES – Frankel filly who steps up in class following a 0.5L Saint-Cloud maiden win. Interesting.
5. LA PARISIENNE – Looked classy when winning a Class One over 2100m by 2.5L at Saint-Cloud. Claims.
6. TROP PRETE – Very disappointing in the Listed Prix Caravelle – Haras des Granges at Toulouse on reappearance. Surely better than that and worth another chance.
Summary: KNOW THYSELF (1) produced good second in the G3 Prix Vanteaux over 1800m here latest. Major contender on that form. LA PARISIENNE (5) looked well above average when winning a Class One over 2100m by 2.5L at Saint-Cloud. Notable runner and it remains to be seen where her ceiling lies. BLUE WINGS (3) won the Listed Prix Delahante at Marseille-Borely last year. Solid second in a Class One conditions event at Lyon-Parilly and must be included. TROP PRETE (6) was very disappointing in the Listed Prix Caravelle – Haras des Granges at Toulouse on reappearance but is surely better than that.
KNOW THYSELF (1) – LA PARISIENNE (5) – BLUE WINGS (3) – TROP PRETE (6)
Race 4 – THE PRESIDENT OF THE UAE CUP – COUPE D’EUROPE DES CHEVAUX ARAB – 2000m PSA. Purse EUR €100,000.
1. HM AL SAKEB – Showed up well when third in the G2 Prix de Carthage at Toulouse 21 days back. Noted.
2. ARION – Held fifth behind some re-opposing rivals in the G2 Prix de Carthage at Toulouse. Place looks best.
3. JARIF – Tailed off in the PAG1 Dubai Kahayla Classic at Meydan (UAE). Market check needed on stable debut.
4. HATTAL – Top-class performer who made it six wins in a row with success in the G2 Prix de Carthage at Toulouse three weeks ago. Tough to beat.
5. IBN GADIR – 1.25L runner-up behind Hattal in the G2 Prix de Carthage at Toulouse. Dangerous.
6. AMWAJ AL KHALEDIAH – Well beaten in the G1 Arabian World Cup last October. Others preferred.
7. LAMET SHAMEL – Arrives chasing a hat-trick following a 1.75L 1400m success at Bordeaux. Chance.
8. HARGAN – G2 winner last year and shaped well when second in the G3 Sheikh Mansoor Festival – Prix Dormane at La Teste eighteen days ago. Key player.
Summary: The key form-line to follow looks to be the G2 Prix de Carthage at Toulouse three weeks ago. HATTAL (4) beat IBN GADIR (5) to make it six wins in a row and he should be tough to beat once more. The latter performed with credit on that occasion and looks a key danger once more. Another to note has to be previous G2 winner HARGAN (8) who shaped well when second in the G3 Sheikh Mansoor Festival – Prix Dormane at La Teste eighteen days ago. Expected to be involved at the business end. The hat-trick seeking LAMET SHAMEL (7) is noted upped in grade.
HATTAL (4) – IBN GADIR (5) – HARGAN (8) – LAMET SHAMEL (7)
Race 5 – EMIRATES POULE D’ESSAI DES POULICHES – 1600m OPEN. Purse EUR €500,000.
1. OSMOSE – Shaped well enough when fourth in the G3 Prix Imprudence on reappearance. Should come on from that but will need to be upped to this level. Each-way player.
2. SICILIAN DEFENSE – Second in the Listed Prix Montenica on the AW at Chantilly last-time out. Bundles to find upped to G1 standard.
3. TIMES SQUARE – Last year’s G1 Prix Marcel Boussac – Criterium des Pouliches second who finished seventh behind plenty of these in the course and distance G3 Prix de La Grotte. Needs to have come on plenty to trouble the main protagonists.
4. JUMBLY – UK raider who finished a good 0.5L second in the G3 Dubai Duty Free Stakes at Newbury (UK) on her seasonal reappearance. Live each-way candidate.
5. SEA OF ASH – Would be a surprise winner on the figures. Impossible to recommend and looks to be making up the numbers.
6. DAISY MAISY – Outrun her odds when runner-up to Rosacea in the G3 Prix de La Grotte over track and trip four weeks ago. Could go well at a price.
7. ROSACEA – Recorded a fourth win from five outings when taking out the G3 Prix de La Grotte over course and distance on reappearance. Major chance and looks the pick of the French contingent.
8. CACHET – Took her form to a new level this season when virtually making all for a narrow success in the G1 1000 Guineas Stakes over this distance at Newmarket (UK). The one to beat on the figures.
9. ZELDA – Disappointing when only fifth (sent off favourite) in a Class One conditions race at Saint-Cloud. Tackles 1600m for the first time but will need to leave latest effort well behind.
10. MANGOUSTINE – Suffered a first defeat to the hands of Rosacea when third in the G3 Prix de La Grotte but came out with plenty of credit. Could well take a step forward from that and hard to put anyone off her as a solid each-way proposition.
11. ACER ALLEY – Finished fourth behind a trio of these in the G3 Prix de La Grotte over course and distance. Not entirely discounted from an each-way perspective but probably vulnerable for winning purposes.
12. HEAT OF THE MOMENT – Made a winning debut at Yarmouth (UK) before finishing behind Jumbly when sixth in the G3 Dubai Duty Free Stakes (UK) at Newbury 29 days ago. Others hold stronger form claims but she could improve.
13. MQSE DE SEVIGNE – Won the 1800m G3 Prix Vanteaux by 1.5L at this venue on her first start this season. Clearly stays further than the 1600m trip and looks an interesting runner for a top stable.
14. TOY – Yet to step out of maiden company but was extremely impressive when running away for a 5L success at Cork (IRE) 29 days ago. Major player for powerful connections.
15. WHO KNOWS – Sixth in the G3 Prix Imprudence over 1400m at Deauville on reappearance. Yet to really prove she stays this far and looks up against it.
Summary: Fifteen go to post for this year’s renewal of the G1 Poule d’Essai des Pouliches. The obvious starting point has to be CACHET (8) who took her form to a new level this season when virtually making all for a narrow victory in the G1 1000 Guineas Stakes at Newmarket (UK). The one to beat on form. Aidan O’Brien relies solely on Cork (IRE) maiden winner TOY (14) and she could provide the main danger with a fascinating profile. ROSACEA (7) recorded a fourth win from five outings when taking out the G3 Prix de La Grotte over course and distance on reappearance. Key chance and looks the pick of the home contingent. JUMBLY (4) and MANGOUSTINE (10) look live each-way contenders.
CACHET (8) – TOY (14) – ROSACEA (7) – JUMBLY (4) – MANGOUSTINE (10)
Race 6 – EMIRATES POULE D’ESSAI DES POULAINS – 1600m OPEN. Purse EUR €600,000.
1. WELWAL – Showed a good attitude to narrowly win the G3 Prix de Fontainebleau over course and distance last-time out. Open to progress and not entirely ruled out for a top yard.
2. SCHERZO – Most of his racing in Doha (Qatar) of late and this looks a tough assignment on stable debut.
3. TEXAS – Finished fourth behind Welwal in the G3 Prix de Fontainebleau over track and trip last outing. Needs to find improvement.
4. NIRLIIT – Just prevailed in the Listed Prix Aymeri de Mauleon over this trip at Toulouse recently but this represents a whole different task. Hard to recommend.
5. MAKING MOOVIES – Could sneak into the frame if building on his close third in the course and distance G3 Prix de Fontainebleau recently.
6. NESR SHALGHODA – 7L to find with Rock Boy on his fifth in the G3 Prix Djebel over 1400m at Deauville last outing. Cannot enthuse on that form.
7. MODERN GAMES – This has clearly been the target for some time and it was hard not to be impressed with his 1.5L success in the G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf at Del Mar (USA) last November. Looks the one to beat for a yard who have made an excellent start this year in the three-year-old division.
8. TRIBALIST – 0.75L behind Lassaut when runner-up in a Class One conditions event. Remains open to progress and hard to dismiss for a yard that have won this twice in the last three years given a low draw may prove advantageous.
9. THE ACROPOLIS – Should strip fitter for his recent second in the Listed Ballylinch Stud ‘Red Rocks’ 2000 Guineas Trial Stakes over 1400m at Leopardstown (IRE). Trainer has an exceptional record in this race and he looks set to go well.
10. LASSAUT – Made it two wins from three starts when snugly beating Tribalist by 0.75L in a Class One over course and distance. Yard won this in 2017 and 2018 and he must be included from an excellent draw.
11. CLAYMORE – Came up against English G1 2000 Guineas runner-up Native Trail when second in the G3 Craven Stakes at Newmarket (UK) on his second career start. Fascinating runner but may have appreciated soft ground and has been drawn widest of all.
12. CALIF – Safely accounted by Lassaut and Tribalist over course and distance. Impossible to recommend.
13. ANCIENT ROME – Disappointing when only sixth behind some of these in the G3 Prix de Fontainebleau over course and distance on reappearance. However it would be no shock were he to take a major step forward and is hard to rule out for a yard with an excellent record in this race.
14. ROCK BOY – Remained unbeaten when winning the G3 Prix Djebel over 1400m at Deauville on reappearance. Interesting contender from an each-way perspective.
15. BAYSIDE BOY – High-class two-year-old who was last seen finishing a solid 1.75L third in the G1 Vertem Futurity Trophy Stakes over this trip at Doncaster (UK). By no means dismissed although this draw may make life tougher.
16. TUMBLER – Fourth in the G3 Prix La Force on his second start but was only workmanlike when winning a Class Two conditions race at Fontainebleau. Probably needs to find improvement in first-time cheekpieces.
Summary: A big field for this renewal of the G1 Poule d’Essai des Poulains where the draw and pace may prove a key factor. Everything looks to have fallen into place for MODERN GAMES (7) who could hardly have wished for a better draw in stall four. This has clearly been the target for some time and it was hard not to be impressed with his 1.5L success in the G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf at Del Mar (USA) last November. Charlie Appleby has made an incredible start to the season with his three-year-olds and he looks the horse to beat. Andre Fabre has an excellent record in this race and he saddles both TRIBALIST (8) and ANCIENT ROME (13). The former is seemingly the choice of Mickael Barzalona and is just preferred of that pair. LASSAUT (10) is interesting following a course and distance success over Tribalist latest while UK raider BAYSIDE BOY (15) is of note.
MODERN GAMES (7) – TRIBALIST (8) – ANCIENT ROME (13) – LASSAUT (10) – BAYSIDE BOY (15)
Race 7 – PRIX RFM – GRAND HANDICAP DU BOIS DE BOULOGNE – 2100m HCP CL1. Purse EUR €70,000.
1. KENWAY – Often seen running at stakes level and interesting he makes his handicap debut on this 38th career outings. Solid third in a 2000m Class One at Saint-Cloud latest. Noted.
2. BAKHCHISARAY – Makes stable debut having finished runner-up in a Class Two conditions event over 2000m at Marseille-Borely last outing. Remains open to progress in handicap company.
3. KHOCHENKO – Denied a head in a 1900m AW Class Two handicap at Deauville last outing. Must replicate on turf.
4. INVINCIBLE LIGHT – Shaped well when sixth over 1850m at this venue on just his second handicap outing. Chance off what could be a workable mark.
5. FOREST OF WISDOM – Twice a winner from seven starts and ran well when runner-up over 2000m in a Class Two conditions event at Fontainebleau. Player on handicap debut.
6. RIOCORVO – Took a big step forward from his Saint-Cloud ninth when beaten a nose in a Class Two course and distance handicap latest. Chance if reproducing.
7. VAL BASSETT – Well beaten on the AW at Deauville on reappearance and will probably need more than a 1kg drop in the weights.
8. SAGANO – Remains on a career-high mark but shaped well when fourth behind two of these over course and distance latest. Not discounted with Guyon back in the saddle.
9. MY CHARMING PRINCE – Good 0.5L third in a course and distance handicap seventeen days ago. Leading claims from a good draw.
10. AREEN – Pleasing return to action when fourth over 2000m at Saint-Cloud in a Class Two conditions event. Each-way chance now handicapping.
11. HAVE DANCER – Finished fourth in a trio of Class Two handicaps of late including over 1850m at this venue latest. Thereabouts.
12. COSMAS – Yet to score in eight attempts but could hardly have come any closer when runner-up in a Class Two handicap over 1850m here latest. Major chance.
13. MISTER X – Should strip fitter for recent outings at Chantilly AW but will need a step forwards. Betting can guide.
14. SHAMSABAD – Fifth behind some of these in a track and trip handicap last outing. Could go well at a big price for a top UK jockey.
15. VILARO – Shaped better than the bare result when tenth here latest but will still need more down another 1kg.
16. BREATH OF FIRE – Arrives in poor form and others preferred on the whole.
Summary: MY CHARMING PRINCE (9) produced a solid 0.5L third in a course and distance handicap seventeen days ago. Leading claims from a good draw. COSMAS (12) could hardly have come any closer to a first success when runner-up in a Class Two handicap over 1850m here latest. Major contender. FOREST OF WISDOM (5) is a dual winner from seven starts and ran well when second over 2000m in a Class Two conditions event at Fontainebleau. Noted with more to come on handicap debut. Often seen running at stakes level it is interesting KENWAY (1) makes his handicap debut on this 38th career outing. Solid third in a 2000m Class One at Saint-Cloud latest. Noted. BAKHCHISARAY (2) completes the shortlist.
MY CHARMING PRINCE (9) – COSMAS (12) – FOREST OF WISDOM (5) – KENWAY (1) – BAKHCHISARAY (2)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg