Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
BORDEAUX LE BOUSCAT / LYON-PARILLY – 14 May
Race 1 – PRIX JONATHAN BESSE – 1900m HCP CL4. Purse EUR €14,000.
1. NOT A LADY – Last appeared five months ago when he finished 4.5 lengths from the winner in ninth over 1600m at Pau All Weather. Did win first-up last prep at Toulouse over 1600m. Likely to need this run.
2. THE MAGIC MAN – Stepping out at this circuit for the first time. Last appeared when he finished tenth over 2400m at La Teste De Buch on April 27. Safely held last time out.
3. CHIEF’S APP – Yet to break through this campaign but hasn’t been far away including a last start second over 1800m at Langon Libourne. Needs to take another step forward.
4. KENSHOW – In the money two starts back at La Teste De Buch but couldn’t back that up when unplaced over 1500m at Tarbes last time. Hard to have in this tough line-up.
5. BECQUANON – Fitter for recent racing and looks close to a win after finishing second over 2000m at La Teste De Buch last time. Holds claims.
6. QUEEN LIBERTY – Finished 12th 19 days ago over 1600m at this track. Steps out over more ground now. Forgive that latest effort. In the mix.
7. JOE BLINING – Beaten 2.75 lengths into fifth when resuming last start over 2100m at Tarbes. Fitter for that run and expected to be in the finish this time.
8. MR BOLD – Hasn’t won in two-and-a-half years. Finished eighth beaten 6 lengths last start over 2100m at Toulouse. Has ability and is expected to run well.
9. WINMAN IN GREY – Not a prolific winner with just four victories from 57 starts. Last start finished 11th over 2100m at Tarbes. Capable enough on his day and is one of the major players.
10. DJANNABI – Hasn’t won in 15 months. Finished fourth beaten 2.5 lengths last start over 2100m at Tarbes. Rates highly and is worth including.
11. KUKO – Still a maiden after falling last start over 2000m at La Teste De Buch. Has ability and can feature.
12. SILVER POKER – Has been out of the money recently including last time out when tenth over 1600m at Lyon-Parilly nine days ago beaten 7 lengths. Tested again.
13. RHUMTEQCAHOUTTE – Has been out of the money recently including last start when fifth over 1950m at Le Mans two-and-a-half weeks ago beaten 3 lengths. In the mix.
Summary: DJANNABI (10) has run well in a pair of 2100m handicaps of late the latest when fourth in Class Three company at Toulouse. Notable contender in this suitable affair. MR BOLD (8) shaped better than the bare result when eighth behind subsequent winners latest. Solid second in a Class Four handicap at Toulouse prior and expected to be involved. There were no obvious excuses for WINMAN IN GREY (9) below par effort at Tarbes but he would be in the mix if bouncing back. BECQUANON (5) has winning form at this course and cannot be ruled out.
DJANNABI (10) – MR BOLD (8) – WINMAN IN GREY (9) – BECQUANON (5)
Race 2 – PRIX DE MARCY L’ETOILE – 2400m CL3. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. INFLUX – Third when beaten 6L over 2200m at Fontainebleau last month. Leading contender.
2. SHIELD OF HONOUR – Successful by 0.75L in a 2400m Class Four conditions race at Paray-le-Monial three weeks ago. Noted in what looks a tougher affair.
3. MATANDAR – Last of sixteen having raced prominently over 2000m at Saint-Cloud in March. Others preferred.
4. A LA FRANCAISE – Good 4L second in a 2200m Class Three conditions event at Fontainebleau four weeks ago. Bold show expected.
5. ICI VINDECY – Ended last year with an 11L fourth in a 2200m Class Two conditions race here in November. Notable runner.
Summary: INFLUX (1) is taken to deliver a victory on the back of a 6L third in a 2200m contest at Fontainebleau. A LA FRANCAISE (4) warrants close consideration following a 4L second in that contest. ICI VINDECY (5) registered an 11L fourth over 2200m in a Class Two conditions contest at this circuit. Shortlist. SHIELD OF HONOUR (2) won by 0.75L in a 2400m Class Four conditions contest at Paray-le-Monial. Holds claims in this event.
INFLUX (1) – A LA FRANCAISE (4) – ICI VINDECY (5) – SHIELD OF HONOUR (2)
Race 3 – PRIX DE L’ASSOCIATION DES PROPRIETAIRES DU SUD-OUEST – 1900m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €18,000.
1. SUPER CUTE – Stepping back in trip after finishing ninth over 1600m at this track last time out. Can improve and should figure in the finish.
2. NOT SO SILLY – Has struggled to make his mark of late the most recent effort a fourth over 2000m at Fontainebleau two-and-a-half weeks ago. The engagement of senior jockey Anthony Crastus is significant.
3. MAIDOMO – Last start finished sixth over 1900m at Deauville All Weather. Has recorded just 2 victories from 26 starts. Consider.
4. RED ONION – Last appeared 11 weeks ago when he finished 12 lengths from the winner in 12th over 1900m at this track. Not keen on his chances.
5. XARUN – Got home by 3 lengths at this track two starts ago. Disappointed last time at La Teste De Buch when 13 lengths from the winner in 16th. Major player on best form.
6. ANAZ – Form in recent times has been moderate including a last start 12th over 1900m at La Teste De Buch. Can bounce back.
7. BALEGRIO – Safely held recently. Bertrand Flandrin goes on after a last-start seventh over 1900m at La Teste De Buch. Key chance in this line up and can improve sharply.
8. LOU BALICOT – Handy filly fitter for two runs back. Better effort last time out when fifth over 2000m at La Teste De Buch. Might need one more.
9. PUNTA CANAILLE – Hasn’t won in 18 months. Finished second last start over 2000m at Auch. Rates highly and is worth including.
10. THECLIMB – Drops in trip from the latest outing when third over 2100m at Tarbes finishing 1.5 lengths off the winner. Sure to prove tough to beat.
11. SILVER SILENT – Course winner last September prior to a fair sixth here last October. Interesting on return.
12. BALLE REELLE – Better run last start when 2 lengths adrift in third over 1600m at this track. Predicted to struggle.
Summary: It could be worth excusing XARUN (5) a poor run when looking for the hat-trick over 2000m at La Teste last-time out. The return to this trip looks a massive positive having won over course and distance prior. Key contender. SUPER CUTE (1) kept on well to score on his first attempt over this distance at La Teste two back. Could bounce back from a below par effort over 1600m. NOT SO SILLY (2) finished a close fourth in that race at La Teste and may be on the premises. THECLIMB (10) arrives in solid form and should be thereabouts.
XARUN (5) – SUPER CUTE (1) – NOT SO SILLY (2) – THECLIMB (10)
Race 4 – PRIX LIONS CLUB (PRIX DE PACHAN) – 1400m HCP. Purse EUR €18,000.
1. MASSA CHOP – Lightly raced gelding who was beaten 7 lengths into 12th last start over 1200m at Chantilly. Key chance and expected to run well.
2. BULLISH BALL – Boasts a 100% top-three strike rate at this trip. Found a couple better at his latest appearance over 1400m at this track. No surprise if he was in the finish.
3. POLIANA – Winner two starts back at Pornichet then narrowly missed a repeat last start when third over 1600m at La Teste De Buch. Should be in the finish.
4. D DAY GIRL – Stepping out at this circuit for the first time. Last appeared when she finished ninth over 2000m at Marseille Borely on April 4. Nicely placed today to atone.
5. YANKEE DREAM – Form since resuming has been disappointing last start finishing 16th over 1200m at Chantilly. Looks safely held.
6. CADE’S – Resumed over 1800m at La Teste De Buch last start and finished 7 lengths away in ninth. Fitter and can break through.
7. BACCHILIDE – Resumed over 1200m at Toulouse last start and he scored by one length. Impressive on that occasion but others rate better.
8. MOHAWK WARRIOR – Has been out of the money recently including last time out when sixth over 1400m at this track two-and-a-half weeks ago beaten 4.5 lengths. Tested again.
9. ATLANTIGO – Was out of the placings two back but turned things around more recently beaten a nose when second over 1400m at this track. Can feature in the finish again.
10. RAFALE – Yet to fill a placing in two runs since resuming from a spell the latest effort a fourth over 1400m at this track two-and-a-half weeks ago. Looking to others.
11. EVALAUR CHOPE – Well held last start when ninth over 1800m at Langon Libourne to continue a run of plain efforts. A better run is on the cards.
Summary: D DAY GIRL (4) bolted up by 8L in a 1850m maiden at Agen and was subsequently well fancied to make a winning handicap debut at Marseille-Borely. Upped to 2000m that day she showed plenty of exuberance and ended up well beaten. The drop back to 1400m looks a major positive and she can bounce back for a top yard. POLIANA (3) showed up well when third on handicap debut over 1600m at La Teste in March. Sure to be thereabouts. The consistent ATLANTIGO (9) has found the frame in five of his last six outings. Must be included. CADE’S (6) is interesting now handicapping with more to come.
D DAY GIRL (4) – POLIANA (3) – ATLANTIGO (9) – CADE’S (6)
Race 5 – COUPE DES 3 ANS – 2400m CL1. Purse EUR €30,000.
1. AIGLE VAILLANT – Making his seasonal debut when winning by 1L over 2200m at this venue three weeks ago. Leading contender.
2. DEMARCAY – Neck second in a 2400m Class Two conditions race at Chantilly last month. Bold show expected.
3. JECTOT – Held 7.25L fifth in a 1600m event at Chatillon five days ago. Best watched.
4. TYROLO – Bidding to complete a hat-trick when 2L second in a 2100m Class One at Saint-Cloud early last month. Top chance.
5. FURIA – Failed to shine in two starts to date including when 13L tenth over 1800m at Evreux twelve days ago. Look elsewhere.
6. JARITE FLEURY – Fair 3.25L sixth in a 2200m claimer at Cavaillon a week ago. Unlikely in what looks a much tougher affair.
7. ZEFANIA – Fifth when beaten 3.75L over 2200m in a Class One at this venue 21 days ago. Strong claims.
Summary: TYROLO (4) delivered a 2L second in a 2100m Class One conditions race at Saint-Cloud. Taken to resume winning ways stepping up in distance. AIGLE VAILLANT (1) is expected to challenge for the win on the back of a 1L triumph in a 2200m Class One conditions contest at this circuit. DEMARCAY (2) came home a neck second in a 2400m Class Two at Chantilly. Rates a danger. Supplemented runner ZEFANIA (7) came home 3.75L fifth over 2200m here. Completes the shortlist.
TYROLO (4) – AIGLE VAILLANT (1) – DEMARCAY (2) – ZEFANIA (7)
Race 6 – PRIX DU LEMAN – 2000m HCP CL4. Purse EUR €14,000.
1. MOREMI – Last at Strasbourg on both starts this spell including over 2000m three weeks ago. Unlikely.
2. GIANTISSIME – Good 3.25L fourth over 2100m at Saint-Cloud six days ago. Bold show expected.
3. PERFECT ROSE – Head second in a 2000m handicap here three weeks go. Top chance.
4. COL NEM – Good 0.5L third in a 2000m handicap at Marseille-Borely a fortnight ago. Strong claims.
5. SONGFORYOU – Held 11L sixth over 1700m in a Paray-le-Monial Class Four conditions contest at the start of the month. Handicap debut.
6. MALY – Fair 4.25L eighth over 2000m here a week ago. Improvement required.
7. BROUAINS – Debuting for a new trainer on his first start since a 1.5L second in a 3500m claiming hurdle at Toulouse in September 2019. Market likely to provide a good guide.
8. HE’S A ROCK STAR – Faded when 8.25L fourth over 2400m in a Class Four conditions contest at Parayle-Monial at the start of this month. Supplemented for this race.
9. PEDRO DEL RIO – Head third in a 2000m handicap at this venue a week ago. Leading contender.
Summary: PERFECT ROSE (3) is selected to deliver a victory here following a head second in a 2000m handicap at this venue. PEDRO DEL RIO (9) recorded a head third in a 2000m contest at this track. Taken to challenge for the win. GIANTISSIME (2) performed well when 3.25L fourth in a 2100m handicap at SaintCloud. Shortlist. COL NEM (4) placed third in a 2000m handicap at Marseille-Borely. Consider for the win.
PERFECT ROSE (3) – PEDRO DEL RIO (9) – GIANTISSIME (2) – COL NEM (4)
Race 7 – PRIX DE BELLERIVE – 3150m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. EUSTACHE – Good 1.5L fourth over this course and distance last month. Strong claims.
2. FOX CHALLENGER – Debuting for a new trainer following a 5.5L sixth over 3100m in a Saint-Cloud claiming handicap last month.
3. LINSOUMIS – Fair 5L fifth over 2400m at this circuit nine days ago. Not written off.
4. SALT LAKE – Held 3.25L seventh over 2400m at Compiegne three weeks ago. Claims having won over 2600m at Fontainebleau prior.
5. GLYSANDRINE – Faded when 11L seventh over this track and trip eighteen days ago. Poor wins-to-runs record.
6. FRANCOBELGE – Good 0.5L second in a 2400m Class Four conditions race at Paray-le-Monial three weeks ago. Bold show expected upped in trip on handicap debut.
7. FANTASTIC LILY – Runner-up when beaten 1.75L over 3000m at Paray-le-Monial three weeks ago. Noted back in a handicap.
Summary: Stepping up in distance FRANCOBELGE (6) gets a chance to shine switched to a handicap following a 0.5L second over 2400m at Paray-le-Monial. EUSTACHE (1) warrants close consideration on the back of a 1.5L fourth over this track and trip. FANTASTIC LILY (7) performed well when 1.75L second in a 3000m event at Paray-le-Monial. Dangerous. SALT LAKE (4) is another to consider having taken out a 2600m handicap at Fontainebleau on her penultimate start.
FRANCOBELGE (6) – EUSTACHE (1) – FANTASTIC LILY (7) – SALT LAKE (4)
Race 8 – PRIX D’AIX-MARLIOZ – 2000m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €18,000.
1. EXTERIEUR – Down the field twelfth over 1800m at Fontainebleau a month ago. Claims on earlier form.
2. LA HAUTE ISLE – Held 8.25L seventh in a 2200m event on handicap debut at Fontainebleau in September. Likely capable of better.
3. STEPASIDE BELL – Good 2.5L third having raced from off the pace over 1800m at Fontainebleau seventeen days ago. Notable runner.
4. TRIMLIGHT – Victorious by 0.75L in a 1950m handicap at Le Mans sixteen days ago. Bold show expected.
5. WALDKAUZ – Fifth on all three starts this spell including when beaten 3.25L over 2000m at this venue three weeks go. Noted.
6. CAZALLA – Good 2L third in a 2150m handicap at Lyon-la-Soie in March. Strong claims on return to turf.
7. SECOND TO NONE – Given a break since disappointing when fourteenth over 1900m at Chantilly AW in February. Others hold more obvious claims.
8. KADNIKOV – Failed to shine when 8.75L eleventh over 1800m at Lyon-la-Soie in March. Had won twice prior to that however. Noted on return to turf.
9. THANIELLA – Midfield finish when 3.75L seventh over 1600m here last month. Likely to find a few too good.
10. PRINCE LOS – Last of ten in a 2000m handicap at Marseille-Borely two weeks ago. Look elsewhere.
Summary: TRIMLIGHT (4) is taken to record a sixth career win following a 0.75L victory over 1950m at Le Mans. CAZALLA (6) looks up to challenging for the win on the back of a 3L third in a 2150m handicap at Lyonla-Soie. STEPASIDE BELL (3) performed well when 2.5L third over 1800m at Fontainebleau. Shortlist. Top weight EXTERIEUR (1) showed good form prior to a 9L twelfth over 1800m at Fontainebleau. Selected to leave that disappointment behind her.
TRIMLIGHT (4) – CAZALLA (6) – STEPASIDE BELL (3) – EXTERIEUR (1)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg