Download your daily French race card and form guide for FREE in the links below:-
For English version, click here → English Form Guide
For Chinese version, click here → Chinese Form Guide
SAINT CLOUD / MARSEILLE BORELY – 13 May
Race 1 – PRIX HENRI SAMANI – 1400m CLM CL3. Purse EUR €19,000.
1. ENTEI – Should strip fitter for recent outing at Chantilly. Makes first start at this venue.
2. ALBA POWER – Course and distance conditions runner-up latest. Player on figures.
3. BOHEMIAN’S RHAPSODY – Held in handicaps this campaign but capable of finding the frame on best figures.
4. DEGAS – Runner-up in a pair of German handicaps this year. Market will guide.
5. DUFOUR – 1.75L second in a similar claiming handicap at Longchamp latest. Noted.
6. BOTCH – Previous course winner but was tailed off behind Alba Power last outing.
7. PRAXEOLOGY – Six-time winner in the UK and has the form to be involved on first French turf outing.
8. WHELANS WAY – Steps back up in trip having finished a 6L eighth over 1000m at Longchamp. Place claims.
9. SALAR ISLAND – Three from six over this distance and could go well back on turf following a break.
10. TWO WEEKS – Placed four times at this venue but will need more than when beaten 18L at Chantilly on reappearance.
11. PALAU – Return to turf looks a positive and the betting should guide following 118 days off.
Summary: This may go to ALBA POWER (2) following a Class Three conditions 2L second over course and distance last outing. Leading chance in this suitable grade. DUFOUR (5) finished 1.75L runner-up in a similar claiming handicap at Longchamp. Notable claims. A six-time winner in the UK PRAXEOLOGY (7) has the form to be involved on this first French turf outing. One of the each-way players looks to be SALAR ISLAND (9) with a record of three wins from six outings over this trip.
ALBA POWER (2) – DUFOUR (5) – PRAXEOLOGY (7) – SALAR ISLAND (9)
Race 2 – PRIX DE VAUREAL – 1200m CLM. Purse EUR €24,000.
1. LES TROIS VALLEES – Seventh in a Class Two conditions event last outing. This easier but others hold stronger claims.
2. SALAZAR – Unraced colt by Charm Spirit who could show up well.
3. WARRIOR’S REVENGE – Close fifth in a 1200m maiden at Lyon-Parilly eight days ago. Chance.
4. LADY MIA – Showed some promise on debut when sixth at Le Lion-d’Angers. Could improve.
5. HAYAMI – Good second in a claimer here a fortnight ago. Claims on stable debut.
6. SHOWAY – Filly by Galiway who represents a good yard on debut. Not dismissed.
7. SHAKSTAR FAL MOR – Colt by Shakespearean who needs a market check on debut.
8. BEAUTIFUL STRANGER – Gelding by Soul City having his first start. Betting should tell the tale.
9. POUP’S – 1L runner-up in a newcomers event at Marseille-Borely 39 days ago. Key player.
10. SAGGEZZA – Showed ability when sixth in a Chantilly newcomers event. Not ruled out.
11. GO JOHNNY GO GO GO – Midfield in three outings to date and a similar showing looks anticipated.
Summary: POUP’S (9) shaped well when 1L runner-up in a newcomers event at Marseille-Borely last month. Strong claims. The booking of Maxime Guyon is a positive for WARRIOR’S REVENGE (3) following a close fifth over 1200m at Lyon-Parilly eight days ago. Key chance. HAYAMI (5) finished a good second in a claimer here a fortnight ago. Thereabouts on stable debut. SAGGEZZA (10) could build on her fair debut sixth at Chantilly.
POUP’S (9) – WARRIOR’S REVENGE (3) – HAYAMI (5) – SAGGEZZA (10)
Race 3 – PRIX NASRULLAH – 1500m CL2. Purse EUR €28,000.
1. PRETEXTE – Chasing a hat-trick following a ready 1L handicap debut success here. Player.
2. TERRITORYWAR – Just denied in this class at Longchamp 26 days ago. Hard to discount.
3. ETATIQUE – Two fair efforts in Class One conditions races on turf this season. Claims on ratings.
4. DOM BERTRAND – Open to progress but may need more than when winning a 1400m Compiegne maiden.
5. JOHEN – Supplemented runner who has some consistent placed form around this class. Noted.
6. SOGYNT – Impossible to recommend on form.
7. NEVER DIES – Sent off favourite when sixth behind Territorywar (second) at Longchamp latest. Worth another chance with some classy form prior.
8. OBDURATE – Others look more convincing given he was well held last outing.
Summary: A chance is taken on NEVER DIES (7) who was sent off favourite when sixth behind Territorywar (second) at Longchamp in latest. Held some classy form prior and could still have plenty more to offer for a top stable. ETATIQUE (3) arrives having produced two fair efforts in Class One conditions races on turf this season. Notable contender on ratings. PRETEXTE (1) searches for a hat-trick following a ready 1L handicap debut success here. Looks ready to attempt this level. The consistent and supplemented JOHEN (5) is hard to dismiss.
NEVER DIES (7) – ETATIQUE (3) – PRETEXTE (1) – JOHEN (5)
Race 4 – PRIX LA TROIENNE – 1500m CL2. Purse EUR €28,000.
1. SPANISH INTENT – Created a good impression when making all by 2.5L on debut here. Interesting.
2. DELIDA – Backed up a maiden success with a fair sixth in this class on the AW at Chantilly. Not discounted.
3. FIRST SHOT – Well beaten in handicap company of late and sole success came on the AW.
4. LIFE IN MOTION – Sixth in the G3 Prix des Reservoirs as a two-year-old. Disappointing when well beaten over 2000m at Chantilly on reappearance but worth another chance down in trip.
5. NANO NAGLE – Close third in a Class One conditions race at Longchamp second-time out. Chance.
6. SONATA ULTIMA – Changed stables since making a winning debut at Nimes last October. Market will guide.
7. GREGARINA – Only beaten 5.25L when ninth in the G3 Prix de La Grotte at Longchamp latest. Eased in standard.
8. ZANOTCHKA – Ended last year with two fair efforts in handicap company but may need a bit more.
Summary: LIFE IN MOTION (4) probably sets the standard having finished sixth in the G3 Prix des Reservoirs as a two-year-old. Disappointing when well beaten over 2000m at Chantilly on reappearance but may strip fitter and could prove a different proposition down in trip. SPANISH INTENT (1) put in a taking display when making all by 2.5L on debut here. Interesting contender with any amount of progress possible. Frankel filly NANO NAGLE (5) backed up her debut success with a close third in a Class One conditions race at Longchamp. Notable chance. GREGARINA (7) can go well eased in standard.
LIFE IN MOTION (4) – SPANISH INTENT (1) – NANO NAGLE (5) – GREGARINA (7)
Race 5 – PRIX DE LA CHANCE – 1600m CLM. Purse EUR €23,000.
1. LE DUC – Backed up a narrow maiden win with a fair Class Two conditions fifth. Chance.
2. ETERNAL GOLD – Won an AW handicap by 3L prior to being just denied in a Fontainebleau claimer. Leading player.
3. LE NOYER – Shaped better than the bare result when eighth at Longchamp latest. Unexposed and can go well.
4. RIMBAULT – Shown ability in three outings to date but may need a bit more.
5. ZWIALH – Holds each-way claims following a handicap fourth over course and distance.
6. MARIYA MARIYA – Impossible to recommend having been beaten out of sight on debut.
7. RED CRAZY – Makes stable debut following a string of solid claiming efforts. Not dismissed.
8. GREAT CHIEF – Found the frame on her last five outings and holds fair each-way credentials once more.
9. PELEGRINA – Hard to recommend having been well beaten at Dusseldorf (Germany) latest.
Summary: ETERNAL GOLD (2) took out an AW handicap by 3L prior to being just denied in a Fontainebleau claimer. Top claims with Maxime Guyon booked once more. LE DUC (1) backed up a narrow maiden win with a fair Class Two conditions fifth. Key chance at this level for a top yard. Another to note is LE NOYER (3) who shaped better than the bare result when eighth at Longchamp in latest. Unexposed and will certainly find this easier. GREAT CHIEF (8) rates a solid each-way proposition.
ETERNAL GOLD (2) – LE DUC (1) – LE NOYER (3) – GREAT CHIEF (8)
Race 6 – PRIX DU CHATAIGNIER – 1200m CL3. Purse EUR €15,000.
1. DEGRISEMENT – Completed a double when winning by a nose over 1500m at Pont-de-Vivaux. Not certain to replicate that form back on turf.
2. NIGHT OF THE OPERA – Down the field 12L ninth over 2000m here two weeks ago. Others preferred.
3. MIAMI BEET – Good 3.5L second in a 1600m handicap at Saint-Cloud last month. Leading contender.
4. SAPIENS – Demonstrated good form prior to a 7.5L fifth in a 1500m conditions race at Pont-de-Vivaux. Top chance.
5. NAVALIS – Fifth when beaten 3.5L over 1600m at Lyon-Parilly last month. Notable contender.
6. MUTUAL – Out of form on the AW of late. Noted with all six previous wins and places coming on turf.
7. ELEVEN O TWO – Put a below par effort behind her when 2.5L second in a 1200m conditions race at Nimes at the end of last month. Strong claims.
8. MIRASOL – Held 7.5L fifth over 1200m in a conditions race at Nimes. Held by Eleven O Two on that form.
Summary: SAPIENS (4) looks capable of delivering a winning effort back in a handicap following a 7.5L fifth in a 1500m Class Three conditions event at Pont-de-Vivaux. MIAMI BEET (3) rates a big danger on the back of a 3.5L second in a sixteen runner 1600m handicap at Saint-Cloud. ELEVEN O TWO (7) managed a 2.5L second in a 1200m conditions event at Nimes. Shortlist returning to a handicap. MUTUAL (6) may take advantage of a falling handicap mark on return to turf following a string of moderate efforts on the AW.
SAPIENS (4) – MIAMI BEET (3) – ELEVEN O TWO (7) – MUTUAL (6)
Race 7 – PRIX DES NARCISSES – 2000m HCP CL3. Purse EUR €21,000.
1. HUNTBA – Recorded a third win over this trip when scoring over course and distance latest. Chance.
2. FIRST CREATION – Sole success came in a handicap off this mark at Craon last September. Market check.
3. DEEP SEA – Could find the frame if building on her handicap debut sixth but was disappointing latest.
4. ANANTA – Fair fifth at Moulins on reappearance and should strip fitter. Could sneak a place.
5. WHERE’S THE PARTY – Held on last two outings and may need more than a 1kg drop in the weights.
6. RED NUDE ROUGE – Continues to slide down the weights and needs more now upped to 2000m.
7. MARASTAR – Tailed off in a pair of Class Three handicaps this season. Best watched.
8. WHERE CHOP – Eighteen race maiden who must replicate his big-priced course and distance third two back.
9. AZAMHAN – Yet to score in 22 outings but certainly has the placed form to figure.
10. IMPERIAL BEAUTY – On a workable mark and was a good course and distance fourth four weeks ago. Strong chance.
11. IN PARADISE – Yet to miss the frame in three outings over this trip and was a good third at Nancy latest. Major chance.
12. ZYGFRYD – Disappointing latest on turf and his best form has come on the AW.
13. JANGA – Held eighth on handicap debut at Chantilly AW latest but is open to improvement.
Summary: IN PARADISE (11) is yet to miss the frame in three outings over this trip and was a good third at Nancy in latest. Major chance to get her head in-front for the first time with Barzalona booked. IMPERIAL BEAUTY (10) is on a workable mark and produced a good course and distance fourth four weeks ago. Strong contender. HUNTBA (1) recorded a third win over this trip tackling track and trip last start. Notable runner. AZAMHAN (9) looks an each-way player.
IN PARADISE (11) – IMPERIAL BEAUTY (10) – HUNTBA (1) – AZAMHAN (9)
#sgracing #frenchracing #racecard #iracesg