ASCOT RACE 6
7. LEVITATE was jumping out of the ground over 1,000 metres on his last start and the form of his 1,216m win last month is working out nicely.
6. LAVERROD has placed in consecutive Listed-level races and 1,200m appears more to his liking than 1,400m.
2. DOWNFORCE raced in restricted room when just under one length adrift of Levitate last month.
4. SILKINIZE may be a peg below some of his opponents but he comes off a Bunbury victory over a subsequent Wednesday winner.
ASCOT RACE 7
3. NOT TO BE MIST responded well to William Pike’s impatience in the Westspeed Platinum Series Final and Adam Durrant thinks he is a future Group star.
1. HEART STARTER is getting close to a winning handicap mark and 1,400 metres is his best distance.
8. CRYSTAL VALLEY was very good first up after she almost lost her life in a training mishap.
5. AVIDUS should be fitter for being on the speed in a fast-run 1,600m race two weeks ago.
ASCOT RACE 8
5. REGAL POWER was the run of the race in the Kingston Town Classic when his wide gate and the modest tempo made it impossible for him to triumph.
2. GATTING has won beyond 2,000 metres three times and, officially, he is the highest rated runner.
3. STAR EXHIBIT is ticking along nicely ahead of his quest for Perth Cup history and a third win in that event.
6. MISSISSIPPI DELTA is another Peters Investments-owned stayer building towards the Perth Cup.
ASCOT RACE 9
1. PERFECT JEWEL showed just enough in the Jungle Dawn Classic to suggest she retains interest in racing and 1,600 metres is probably her best trip.
3. ELECTRIC LIGHT tackles 1,600m for the first time but William Pike wears red and gold instead of cerise and white.
2. MIZLECKI finished one place ahead of Perfect Jewel in the Railway Stakes and she is a course and distance winner.
4. LIKE A BUTTERFLY benefitted from on-pace favours in the Jungle Dawn Classic and maps similarly on Saturday.
ASCOT RACE 10
3. SENTIMENTAL GIFT turned the tables on British Bessy from their previous encounter when not much went right for her Sharon Miller-trained opponent.
6. BRITISH BESSY is worth another chance because she had to pass a vet exam to race two weeks ago.
2. PUSH TO PASS split Sentimental Gift and British Bessy last time out and the veteran has drawn low again.
1. BROTHER’S KEEPER raced against his usual pattern in the Sentimental Gift-won race after jumping from a wide gate.
ASCOT RACE 8
5. REGAL POWER
ASCOT RACE 9
1. PERFECT JEWEL