ASCOT RACE 1
1. STARFIELD IMPACT led all the way to win the Crystal Slipper Stakes, experience and winning form is priceless and none of the debutants wowed in trials.
2. CHOICE BID settled last on his debut and ended up nearly five lengths adrift of Starfield Impact at the finish.
4. AMERICAN CHOICE split Starfield Impact and Choice Bid on her debut start.
6. MINDARIE is out of blue hen Clarecastle but her trials have been plain.
ASCOT RACE 2
12. THIS’LL TESTYA is touted as one of the best sprinters to come out of Adam Durrant’s yard, William Pike sticks and her debut was as good as her trial.
7. SILKINIZE stays in open-age company after justifying short odds at Bunbury.
9. CITY CIRCLE resumes without a trial but she has drawn low and she was thereabouts in similar races last season.
5. ZENAZE backs up seven days after winning over 1,200 metres in this grade but he has drawn a wide gate.
ASCOT RACE 3
8. MIDNIGHT SKY has been luckless in each of her last two runs, including missing the kick in the Jungle Mist Classic before flying home from the rear.
4. NELSON’S FLIGHT returns to town off a Bunbury win and neither Velago nor Beaucount is here to drive him mad.
3. JEDAFFAIR edged out Nelson’s Flight two months ago but that was with William Pike steering her.
7. DIABLERIE is running much better than his three eighths in a row suggests.
ASCOT RACE 4
6. REBEL KNIGHT would have won in this class seven days ago had he seen any daylight in the straight and stepping up to 1,200 metres is not a concern.
3. CAROCAPO rescued what appeared to be a hopeless situation last time out, winning with a career-best performance.
1. DUTCH SPY won first up over 1,200m before overracing second up and experiencing issues at the barriers twice.
5. MANKIND found 1,400m too far two starts ago before other two recent runs were good.
ASCOT RACE 5
2. MASSIMO meets Laverrod half a kilogram worse than in the Placid Ark Stakes but he was finishing off slightly better than his rival, which was first up.
5. LAVERROD needs to improve to turn the tables on Massimo but that is not out of the question.
1. WAR SAINT stole the WA Guineas and now has to give weight to Massimo et al.
3. WIDESPREAD resented the pedestrian WA Guineas tempo but there are holes in his interstate form anyway.
ASCOT RACE 6
2. ELECTRIC LIGHT blew away her Jungle Mist Classic opponents, she has won over 1,400 metres and Bob Peters has released William Pike to ride her.
10. BEAUTIFUL MIND is one kilogram better off versus Electric Light than two weeks ago but that is unlikely to be sufficient.
1. PERFECT JEWEL has to give weight all round and almost certainly needs to be put a seasonal personal best to win.
7. BEL MY PAGO was finishing the Jungle Mist Classic better than all bar Electric Light.
ASCOT RACE 7
12. FLIRTINI posted the fastest last three 200-metres splits in the Winterbottom Stakes and she beat Arcadia Queen over 1,400m this time last season.
2. VALOUR ROAD is a weapon according to his quotable trainer, Simon Miller, and this is a lot easier than the Winterbottom Stakes.
8. STAGEMAN did not have much luck in the Winterbottom Stakes but 1,400m may be too far for him.
7. ARCADIA PRINCE won this event 12 months ago when he was odds on.
ASCOT RACE 8
14. SUPERSTORM is a 64-rated three-year-old in a Group One but he was every bit as good as Kay Cee in the WA Guineas and his last 200 metres was brilliant.
16. TUSCAN QUEEN’s preparation is almost identical to the one that Arcadia Queen had for the same connections last year.
15. KAY CEE may find herself too far back on the inside rail waiting for gaps to appear.
8. REGAL POWER was forgotten before the Railway Stakes and he is in danger of being overlooked again.
ASCOT RACE 9
8. BRITISH BESSY beat Sentimental Gift two starts ago and she registered the fastest last 200 metres over 1,800m last week when the trip was too short.
11. SENTIMENTAL GIFT represents William Pike in the last so she will be popular even though her family is not all that flash.
2. HERE COMES LENNI has won over course and distance but the wide gate is going to test him.
10. HIGH ENERGY draws to get the run of the race from the inside barrier.
ASCOT RACE 6
2. ELECTRIC LIGHT
ASCOT RACE 3
8. MIDNIGHT SKY