ASCOT RACE 1
4. WESTERN TEMPLE lost to Abdicator three weeks ago but that race was run at a very slow tempo and Cockney Crew’s presence should ensure very fast speed.
1. ABDICATOR bounced back from his Hannans Handicap flop to win last time out and he is a major player.
2. COCKNEY CREW has the form in the book to win but he has not raced for six weeks and missed the Railway Stakes through lameness.
7. SUPERIOR SMILE rises in grade without winning and rates only a place chance.
6. ARCTIC STREAM is another galloper up in class off a non-winning performance.
ASCOT RACE 2
2. DOWNFORCE is the half brother of Group One winner Silent Sedition which has nothing but impress in winning his two assignments since turning three.
8. PUT A SPELL ON YOU made a good, winning debut and Jade McNaught’s claim means she drops in weight.
4. LEVITATE trialled very well before placing at Belmont then winning at Bunbury.
1. MIA DOLCE is weighted up to her eyeballs but 1,000 metres suits and her blinkers come off.
6. SNIPPY MISS resumes for Adam Durrant and William Pike off a trial victory.
ASCOT RACE 3
8. REBEL KNIGHT beat all bar Undisclosed in a high-rating race two weeks ago, maps well and the aforementioned mare has a poor second-up record.
4. EXCISE FREE has strung together three wins – one of them very high rating – and Damian Lane’s rides for his dad, Michael.
6. BEAT THE DEVIL did not get the clearest of runs last week and gets a set of blinkers.
3. UNDISCLOSED posted a brilliant fresh success but she has struggled second up previously.
2. FIRE AND RAIN resumes off a strong trial win in which he looked ready to go.
ASCOT RACE 4
1. ROYAL COMMAND’s connections elect to claim down to 59.5 kilograms but he looks the class act having won in a higher grade two weeks ago.
7. SOPHIE’S SONG has run creditably to place in each of her last two races.
9. SON OF BACCHUS comes out of the same three recent events as Sophie’s Song.
10. BRITISH BESSY was a strong victor second up and gets William Pike but this is both shorter and harder.
5. EBONY MAGI has a wide gate and ground to make up on Sophie’s Song et al.
ASCOT RACE 5
4. FORCEFUL gets a one-kilogram weight swing on Taxagano from their scrap two weeks ago and it is impossible to knock any of his last three efforts.
1. TAXAGANO is a galloper which you do not want to bet against but he rises in weight and 2,100 metres may not be his favourite trip.
2. PRIZE CATCH is capable of closing the Ascot Gold Cup margins on Forceful and Taxagano.
6. FRIAR FOX may be just a little bit below this grade over this distance.
3. SPIRITUAL WARRIOR set a tempo that was a few lengths too quick in the Ascot Gold Cup.
ASCOT RACE 6
3. NOT TO BE MIST qualified for this restricted series final by weaving through traffic and letting down strongly under William Pike, who sticks with him.
6. ZEPHYR QUEEN has been set for this race so her first-up sixth four weeks ago merited a pass mark.
2. DICKOLETTO has recorded back-to-back third placings and yet again draws well.
8. LACEVINSKY should be on speed for a long way but he has only won one of his nine races.
1. SIR MAMBO won the first two qualifying heats, victories for which the handicapper has made him pay.
ASCOT RACE 7
1. MR GENOA has won three out of three at Kalgoorlie since returning to Western Australia and his new owners could not have wished for a better draw.
8. CONCRETE MADAME was just pipped by Mr Genoa in the Goldfields heat for this restricted final.
2. M’LADY has blown away three Geraldton fields since joining Sarah Childs but her gate is a big negative.
5. NEMIROFF has drawn even wider than M’Lady so he is likely to have a tough run.
6. WILD FUSION won the Great Southern heat but that does not look like the best preliminary form.
ASCOT RACE 8
1. TREKKING won the Schillaci Stakes to qualify for The Everest in which he placed third before being the Redzel Stakes runner-up so his form is superb.
13. FLIRTINI is the pick of the home hopes which should be finishing off strongly over 1,200 metres down the middle of the track.
7. VIRIDINE returns to Group One company off his strong Sandown win at Group Two level two weeks ago.
10. VITAL SILVER exceeded market expectations in the Manikato Stakes and the Gilgai Stakes before returning home.
4. ROCK MAGIC choked down in the VRC Classic after being one length off Vital Silver in the Manikato Stakes.
ASCOT RACE 9
1. HEART OF COEUR ran on strongly to put a gap into an Ascot field 10 days ago and he looks like getting a gun run under Jade McNaught behind a hot tempo.
4. MEGAZONE drops back into graduation grade after running creditably in his two races since his 60+ win.
7. SUPREME FORCE ran almost the same time as Heart Of Coeur in a different race 10 days ago but has a wide gate.
16. SIGNIFICANT HERO overcame considerable issues to win at Bunbury on his reappearance but this is a lot tougher.
14. ZENAZE defied a big betting drift to break his maiden last time out.
ASCOT RACE 2
ASCOT RACE 7
1. MR GENOA