ASCOT RACE 1
6. SENTIMENTAL GIFT is proven over the trip, gapped a Bunbury field last time out and, while no superstar, this is only a graduation handicap.
1. GO CRYING placed second in this class two weeks ago but is new to the distance and gives weight to the top pick.
5. VINTAGE STOCK rewarded her loyal backers in midweek company but the jury remains out.
13. WINIFER is a talented maiden but had every chance to beat Vintage Stock.
8. BRITISH BESSY was good first up without a trial and is a stout stayer.
ASCOT RACE 2
9. MORE ACES placed third in a higher quality 72+ handicap three weeks ago and dropping back in trip is not going to bother this three-time 1,000 metres winner.
10. REBEL KNIGHT trialled with William Pike on his back and he elects to stick with him.
7. DIA DE LA RAZA was a whisker away from breaking his long run of outs in a similar race before his let up.
3. DAM READY drops significantly in weight and gets a couple of gear changes.
1. DUTCH SPY is the best galloper in the field but is top weight and, ideally, wants a fast-run race over a bit farther.
ASCOT RACE 3
1. ROYAL COMMAND was held up behind smart galloper Platoon first up, posting the fastest last 200 metres sectional after getting into clear air.
5. LORENTINIO has won three out of four since joining Jim Taylor’s team.
7. MANKIND backed up his strong trial win by winning in graduation grade.
3. AVIDUS enjoyed a good preparation with Steele Casey in the late summer.
2. SUPERIOR SMILE resumes off two trials and boasts a 20 per cent win rate.
ASCOT RACE 4
1. DICKOLETTO will not win any points for style but will be in the firing line from barrier two and Chris Graham takes off three kilograms for the Pearces.
8. FRIAR’S FANTASIA was luckless in a midweek event second up this campaign.
9. LACEVINSKY boasts the right kind of form lines but does not win out of turn.
2. NOT TO BE MIST was plain as a beaten odds-on favourite 11 days ago.
4. POSITION OF POWER has similar collateral form references to Lacevinsky.
ASCOT RACE 5
2. REGAL POWER ran a faster time than Platoon in different 1,400 metres races on the same card two weeks ago so gets the nod in spite of their weights.
7. PLATOON has won two in a row and definitely needs to win the RJ Peters Stakes to get into the Railway Stakes.
4. NEUROLOGICAL copped several bumps when placing third in the Northam Cup.
3. MISSISSIPPI DELTA has won just one race shorter than 1,600m in her career.
9. TAMASA is back from seven weeks off and remains a horse worth monitoring.
ASCOT RACE 6
4. FORCEFUL only needs to reproduce either of his last two performances to be mighty hard to beat now his connections have worked out how to manage him.
11. NOIR DE RUE is weighted to resume and get the better of Spiritual Warrior for once.
2. SPIRITUAL WARRIOR won the Kalgoorlie Cup and is both versatile and tough.
1. PRIZE CATCH won this event 12 months ago after a pre-race incident reduced the field.
9. FRIAR FOX is a course-and-distance winner but her statistics are flattering.
ASCOT RACE 7
2. KAY CEE beat Tuscan Queen fair and square in the Burgess Queen Stakes and reopposes William Pike’s mount one kilogram better off than last time out.
4. TUSCAN QUEEN may be better suited to 1,600 metres than Kay Cee but does not merit favouritism.
5. SPECIAL CHOICE’s Belgravia Stakes second is a strong form line and it may be the best.
7. SANABREANNA placed third behind Kay Cee and Tuscan Queen 11 days ago.
3. ROCKY PATH owes her connections nothing because they paid $500 for her.
ASCOT RACE 8
6. FLIRTINI surprised a lot of people, including Simon Miller, when she won the Prince of Wales Stakes and there is no reason to expect her to regress.
5. MISTY METAL’s peak performance was over 1,100 metres and Harvey Racing has reached for a set of winkers.
9. STAGEMAN is the weights-and-measures galloper out of the Prince of Wales Stakes but the extra 100m may not be ideal.
3. BATTLE HERO was wide throughout his first-up run but draws much better in this contest.
13. MARKET RULER is a Listed-winning sprinter first up for the Miller yard.
ASCOT RACE 9
8. OMBUDSMAN has joined Hayden Ballantyne from Chris Waller and Mitchell Pateman sat pretty quietly on him in his trial behind Group-class Star Exhibit.
3. NELSON’S FLIGHT will put himself near the speed fresh from five weeks off.
14. SUBLIME IMAGE is the full sister of virus-hit Windstorm but this is a massive step up in class without wowing.
4. INFLATION beat all bar Massimo last time out and that form has been franked.
9. PROXY has won two races in a row for his unfashionable trainer and jockey.
ASCOT RACE 6
ASCOT RACE 9