ASCOT RACE 5
5. BEAUTIFUL MIND’s best trip may not be 1,000 metres but the race maps as being very quickly run and she looks better than graduation grade.
7. DRIFTSTAR trialled very well, Mitchell Pateman has won on him and so he gets a shot at redemption.
9. MCEDITH probably prefers 1,000m to 1,200m but she has a wide gate and the track may be a bit firm for her.
2. METRO BOY loses Jade McNaught, who elects to ride Rebel Yell.
10. TYCOON LEGEND has not won below 1,200m but he could swoop if the leaders go too fast.
ASCOT RACE 6
10. FORGOTTEN STAR went close to winning first up over 1,200 metres, 1,400m is more suitable and she is far less exposed than her rivals.
9. ZERO DEMERITS comes out of races in which the form has been franked.
1. GEIGER GEM is a dry tracker which tackles his best trip with the best apprentice.
7. SMARTY is hard to line up but she has won three in a row at Kalgoorlie.
3. KING’S AUTHORITY has not lived up to his interstate reputation.
ASCOT RACE 7
2. JERICHO MISSILE was outstanding in carrying 59 kilograms to win the Belgravia Stakes after being last for much of the contest.
1. DIG DEEP was only marginally less impressive than Jericho Missile two weeks ago.
3. RED CAN MAN won his first two three-year-old starts before participating in a farcically run affair.
8. BOGART is unlikely to turn the tables on Jericho Missile and Dig Deep but the field lacks depth.
9. OLD MICK is unexposed but needs to improve many lengths.
ASCOT RACE 8
4. ACHERNAR STAR was the blackbooker out of the Northerly Stakes in which he ran out of ground to overtake The Velvet King.
5. THE VELVET KING defeated Group One-winning sprinter Malaguerra in his post-Northerly Stakes trial.
1. GATTING returns to Perth following his Group One win in Melbourne but Darren McAuliffe favours The Velvet King.
6. ARCADIA PRINCE won three in a row over 1,400 metres before spelling and he beat Samizdat in his trial.
2. GREAT SHOT is honest but he has not won for 714 days.
ASCOT RACE 9
4. UNI TIME is likely to go through the grades if his connections keep him to sprint distances and do not try to stretch out him to a mile.
9. BLACK SABBATH beat all bar Uni Time last time out but there was a gap between them.
5. DIABLERIE lost Uni Time’s margin over him when he bungled the start.
11. BARON BOSTOCK mixes his form but his best is pretty good.
1. DANCE MUSIC was poor first up and she may be overrated by the market.
ASCOT RACE 9
4. UNI TIME
ASCOT RACE 6
10. FORGOTTEN STAR