ASCOT RACE 1
2. RED CAN MAN marked himself as a serious Ascot Racing Carnival player with his career-best effort in landing a sustained gamble last month.
3. KAY CEE won each of her last two starts before going for a short, pre-carnival break.
6. BOOMTASTIC had the benefit of experience when beating Kay Cee behind Windstorm in August.
5. ZIEBELL almost led all the way to beat the older gallopers seven days ago.
4. BORN TO TRY rises in grade but does retain William Pike’s services.
ASCOT RACE 2
2. SIR MAMBO is long overdue his second win after being the runner-up in eight of his 12 races, including on each of his last four starts.
1. SHUWISH won three of his five starts in her first campaign and resumes in blinkers.
9. BEE QUICK backs up from her Westspeed maiden win in a Westspeed handicap.
6. BEDOUIN BELLE has missed the top two only once in her seven outings.
4. PINK ‘N’ GRAY did not obtain clear running in a higher grade last time out.
ASCOT RACE 3
7. MASSIMO should appreciate the forecast genuine tempo after Jade McNaught gave him too much to do against his three-year-old peers in August.
8. PRETTY STYLE has won each of her two short trials leading into her second campaign following her juvenile successes.
5. TRANSGRESSOR does not win out of turn but the veteran should enjoy the inside draw and likely speed.
2. KING’S AUTHORITY has a poor second-up record so it is possible to forgive his last effort.
3. PRINCE DEVOUTLY comes to town having won three races in the provinces.
ASCOT RACE 4
4. LADY SASS did not get put into her race last week due to her wide gate but the computer has been kinder this week and stepping up in trip suits also.
2. HARRY THOMAS has not won for 651 days but he drops in grade and maps well in what may be a slowly run affair.
7. HONORFIC is set to have his first run since joining Adam Durrant’s star stable.
6. ARNIE’S BOY resumed without a trial so expecting better second up.
8. KING OF JUDAH retains William Pike but his barrier and the forecast ground are concerns.
ASCOT RACE 5
1. COCKNEY CREW has run back-to-back excellent speed figures and, if he does not sucked into an early battle with Beaucount, he will be tough to beat.
5. JEDAFFAIR keeps rising to the occasion, winning each of her last two races.
2. DARK MUSKET posted the fastest sectionals in last week’s contest that Jedaffair won.
4. FORCEFUL tries 1,800 metres for the second time in his hit-and-miss career.
3. FIRST AFFAIR placed second in both the Boulder Cup and the Kalgoorlie Cup over longer distances.
ASCOT RACE 6
3. SPILLINOVA loses his blinkers and, if that gear change enables him to lead without overracing, he will take a lot of running down over 1,400 metres.
8. BOLD SUCCESS is racing without much luck in this grade and dropping in trip may be beneficial.
5. MIDNIGHT SKY has not missed the top two in her four first-up appearances.
4. PLATOON resumes over 1,400m instead of 1,200m because he drew a wide gate in another event.
6. CRYPTIC LOVE is a strong finisher but she may get too far back off a moderate tempo.
ASCOT RACE 7
8. FLIRTINI is one of only two gallopers to have beaten Arcadia Queen, she trialled well and 1,000 metres with 53 kilograms makes her stand out.
3. STAGEMAN got the best possible run in the Birthday Stakes when placing second over 1,200m last time out.
7. ELECTRIC LIGHT looked the goods in her trial and she will be one of the swoopers off what will be a fast tempo.
9. FABERGINO flies fresh but she is likely to have company on the speed and never has she won without leading.
1. ARCADIA PRINCE is Arcadia Queen’s classy full brother but 1,000m is on the short side for him.
ASCOT RACE 8
12. LADY COSMOLOGY was hurt by the slow tempo of the Birthday Stakes but a strongly run 1,400 metres from a low gate should play to her strengths.
2. MAN BOOKER was dynamic to race from last to first in the Birthday Stakes.
7. THE VELVET KING faces his toughest test but he was good in a ratings race last week and gate one helps him a lot.
5. PERFECT JEWEL has won two of her three fresh assignments and some of her form last season was good.
1. GREAT SHOT is 693 days without a win but he always gives 100 per cent.
ASCOT RACE 9
3. DANCE MUSIC’s only loss in her seven starts occurred when she overraced in what was a 1,200 metres race run at a ludicrously slow early tempo.
10. TINSNIP was the cream of Western Australia’s two-year-old crop last season and resumes off two trials.
4. IN LOVE WITH PARIS should get every chance to run on given the map projects a very fast tempo.
8. BEAT THE DEVIL may get sucked into the speed battle but his numbers are hard to dismiss.
12. INFLATION returns and William Pike is an eye-catching booking for him.
ASCOT RACE 1
2. RED CAN MAN
ASCOT RACE 4
4. LADY SASS