ASCOT RACE 1
2. MEGACHINO won his recent trial, maps to race close to the speed and 1,000 metres probably suits him better than his main danger.
1. ZIP ZAM ZOOM is a strong closer which steps back in trip instead of going up in distance, plus he is drawn wide.
5. VALIDATION is four kilograms better off with Zip Zam Zoom than when they went to the line together last month.
3. NEAT ACTION resumes off a trial second and barrier one seldom hurts.
6. JOVELLA is a seven-start maiden which drops from 1,600m to 1,000m.
ASCOT RACE 2
9. SUBLIME IMAGE could not win first up given her in-running position but she finished quickly, winkers will sharpen up her and rising in distance is a positive.
10. WINIFER was highly tried last season and she showed enough first up to be a place chance in maiden grade.
3. SON OF THE SUN travelled wide when beaten by Sublime Image two weeks ago.
8. MISS FLAMBOYANCE went close at Northam last time out for the productive Ashley Maley-Jade McNaught combination.
6. SULHUR CRESTED is working her way towards full fitness after not trialling.
ASCOT RACE 3
5. ALMATALK burned down the middle of the track to win her most recent trial in a fast time and she will make his debut in blinkers from a central gate.
8. NEUROLOGIC is the half sister of Martin Allan’s Listed-winning sprinter Neurological which has impressed at the trials.
11. TOO SPICY may be the pick of Dion Luciani’s runners given she benefits from a claim, which is what Amarillo Rose did last season.
7. CONVENTION was ridden out by Craig Staples in his trial victory so you can bank on him being fit and ready to go.
6. BUMPER HUMPER has won each of his three trials under Brad Parnham.
ASCOT RACE 4
8. MOSSERATTI is crying out for a genuinely run contest and the likes of Swift Platinum and I’m A Love Man may serve up what the old boy wants.
2. AT THE READY missed the kick last time out so ignore that run and focus on his form in and around Kalgoorlie Cup winner Spiritual Warrior.
1. BUNKER BUSTER has won three races in a row without recording an impressive overall speed figure so the jury is out on him.
6. HIGH ENERGY is a possible sharp improver like Mosseratti is the tempo is fast.
9. MY FAIR BEAUTY closed off the best in her most recent assignment.
ASCOT RACE 5
14. ZIEBELL did not beat of note when he landed a Goldfields gamble first up but his all-the-way winning time was faster than Saturday’s superior sprints.
5. NERODIO is three for three this preparation, winning off both slow and fast tempos under her regular jockey, Jordan Turner.
7. BARON BOSTOCK beat Essential Spice at level weights over 1,200 metres last season and the latter is a good mare.
8. FRIAR’S FANTASIA gets the services of William Pike, who jumps off Gillespie.
9. GILLESPIE has far too many quirks to be a serious betting proposition.
ASCOT RACE 6
3. THE VELVET KING is a two-time Listed winner which, after being sent back to the trials for running wide in July, responded with a blistering performance.
10. CUP NIGHT is the real deal according to Bernie Miller, who thinks he will lift his game and add to his black type as he rises in class.
8. FORCEFUL has won six of his 14 starts and he was more than adequate first up.
9. TAMASA is proving a difficult puzzle for Lindsey Smith to solve but the pieces are there.
7. FREO won the RJ Peters Stakes at Group Three level over this trip last season.
ASCOT RACE 7
10. NELSON’S FLIGHT had nowhere to go in the closing stages of his last race and he is a proven commodity in fast-run events, which is how this one maps.
4. JEDAFFAIR backed up Adam Durrant’s high opinion of her when she won under William Pike three weeks ago.
8. VELAGO is a law unto himself but it is hard to knock his two recent seconds behind McEdith and Lorentinio.
2. MISSILE LAUNCH has not contested this grade since his January 2018 victory.
7. ASTRONOMITE does not win out of turn but he is racing in reasonable form.
ASCOT RACE 8
8. MISS WEST COAST could not have been more impressive on her return, wowing both the eye and the clock, and 1,000 metres is another positive for her.
13. CELEBRITY QUEEN is probably the best Peters Investments three-year-old filly but she may lack the early speed to win back in distance.
1. DIG DEEP is the Karrakatta Plate champion having his first trial off what was a very good trial in a hot heat.
2. JERICHO MISSILE was the beaten Karrakatta Plate favourite but he had excuses.
5. DIVIDE THE SEA was firm in the WA Sires’ Produce Stakes market last season.
ASCOT RACE 9
7. LADY SASS is a mare which has had issues but her ability is much greater than this grade and she posted the fastest sectionals in his first-up success.
5. LORENTINIO has done nothing wrong this preparation and the Taylor siblings, Brittany and Lachie, are his biggest fans.
4. GO CRYING won in a higher class two starts ago so he has to be a player fourth up.
3. PEPPIJACK produced his best performance for quite some time on his return.
8. WESTERN KING is not one of the best gallopers to carry the cerise and white.
ASCOT RACE 6
3. THE VELVET KING
ASCOT RACE 5