KOREA: Seoul Racecourse & Busan Racecourse – Sunday September 1, 2019
Seoul Race 5: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(3) MENI GRAND has a 4th and a 2nd from two starts so far at this class following back to back wins in April and May which got her rapidly promoted. She’ll be close to the pace here and can go on to win. (9) LUMINESCE comes in with similar form having also been rapidly promoted and also runs at this class for the third time. He was 2nd on his latest outing, also at this distance. He’s very much a front-runner and could prove difficult to get past. (2) DELTA K has recent form reading very positively and can continue that good run here. (1) FOREVER WINNER, who already has a class and distance score to her name, and (6) BUCKETFUL GOLD, up in class after a pair of runner-up finishes, are others in at least the placing frame in what is a competitive race.
|Selections||(3) Meni Grand (9) Luminesce (6) Bucketful Gold (2) Delta K|
|Next Best||1, 10|
|Fast Start||3, 4, 6, 9|
Busan Race 2: Class 5 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
(4) DONE IT MY is a twenty-six-race maiden but beat a couple of these on his way to 4th place over 1300M on August 4th. He’s a slow starter but has a decent finish on him and will pass horses late on. Will he pass enough, though? If he doesn’t then (2) ULSAN JANGGUN may be one that he fails to reel in. He’s a solid campaigner at this level and should be on pace from the gate here with every chance of sticking on the whole way around. (6) MAJOR PUNCH is up in class having scored her maiden win by half a length at the end of July and looks to have scope for more progress. (3) TIZ JYFUL and (12) MAJOR POWER are others who can go close in a competitive race.
|Selections||(2) Ulsan Janggun (4) Done It My (6) Major Punch (3) Tiz Joyful|
|Next Best||12, 9|
|Fast Start||2, 5|
Seoul Race 6: Class 4 (1700M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(9) CALL WIN has been knocking on the door in each of his latest three, beating several of these along the way. He’s taken to this distance very nicely and today ought to be the day he makes his breakthrough. (5) YOUNG STORM also has recent good form over this distance and while he only managed 5th of 8 over 1300M last start, he should be better bumped back up in trip today. (3) EVER THE CHAMP also had a poor day at the office last time but the time before that was within half a length of Call Win and can be competitive here. (1) MAENGJU and (7) KAILASH DANCER others in the frame.
|Selections||(9) Call Win (5) Young Storm (7) Kailash Dancer (3) Ever The Champ|
|Next Best||1, 2, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 6|
Busan Race 3: Class 5 (1600M) Handicap / KRW 40 Million
Three last start winners look to be at the head of the field here. (5) HWARANGUICHAMPION returned from almost six months off to run out a very good winner over 1300M on August 4th. He ran through the line well and should be able to handle the step up to a mile. (4) RAON TOWN too comes up in class following his maiden win on his own third start. It came over this distance and he looks to have plenty of potential for more development too with the one slight concern being that he races for the first time since May. It took (2) TWO TWO HAMMER a bit longer to make his breakthrough, coming as it did at the eleventh time of asking. That said, the run was good enough to be competitive at this level and he should be in the hunt for a place. (10) CHEONNYEONUI ULRIM ran 2nd to Hwaranguichampion last start and joins him up in class with no reason why he can’t run him close again. As for those with experience already at this class, (6) PEACE RIDER looks the best.
|Selections||(5) Hwaranguichampion (4) Raon Town (10) Cheonnyeonui Ulrim (2) Two Two Hammer|
|Next Best||6, 1|
|Fast Start||2, 3, 4, 9|
Seoul Race 7: Class 4 (1300M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(10) STRONG VULTURE is the pick here. He won back to back races in June to get promoted to this level and while he couldn’t make it three in a row on his first try at this class at the end of July, he ran a strong 3rd and can return to winning ways today. (4) ISCRA is a class and distance winner and looks to be a danger while the same is true of (2) BRILLIANT, who steps back in trip following 2nd place over 1700M last start. He’ll come from off the pace and can go close here. (1) SMARTY ADELE and (11) HANIL DALBIT are others who come in with recent form reading well and who can compete for places.
|Selections||(10) Strong Vulture (2) Brilliant (4) Iscra (1) Smarty Adele|
|Next Best||11, 6|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6, 9|
Busan Race 4: Class 4 (1600M) Allowance / KRW 60 Million
(1) EAST WIND an out a four-length class and distance winner on August 3rd. This is a better race and he is carrying an additional 3kg today, but the manner of that win suggests that there may be more to come. From the inside, he’ll be aiming to lead from the start, and he could go all the way. (6) BARAMUI YAKSOK comes in following a win and a runner-up finish over 1300M and 1800M respectively and should be close again here. (2) GWANGHWAMUN SIDAE never really got going on his latest outing but is better than that and can be given another chance at this distance today. (3) ROSA and (5) INDIAN GANGJA are others to look out for.
|Selections||(1) East Wind (2) Gwanghwamun Si dae (6) Baramui Yaksok (5) Indian Gangja|
|Next Best||3, 7|
|Fast Start||1, 4, 10|
Seoul Race 8: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
(3) MUNHAK WINNER remains a maiden after five attempts so far but has never finished any worse that 4th. That’s why he finds himself up at class 3 today but there’s little for him to fear and from a good draw to get on to the early pace, he can win. Also up in class is (4) TAP MAGIC MASTER, in his case having beaten a couple of useful ones on his was to recording his maiden victory at this distance on July 27th. He too looks nicely in here. (8) MIREU STORM comes in off a useful 2nd place on a sloppy track at 1200M last start and can go close again. (2) JANGSAN BEARS and (7) CATS MIRACLE others in the hunt.
|Selections||(3) Munhak Winner (4) Tap Magic Master (8) Mireu Storm (7) Cats Miracle|
|Fast Start||3, 8|
Busan Race 5: Class 4 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 60 Million
(11) USEUNG TICKET beat three of these on his way to a second consecutive runner-up finish at the end of July. She’s very consistent and while she’s drawn wide here, she doesn’t need to lead and can come from just behind the early pace and win. (7) GOOD DANCER hasn’t raced since ending up an also-ran in the KRA Cup Mile in April. He’d hinted at plenty of talent before that and looked sharp when winning a trial two weeks ago so comes straight back into the mix here. (12) POWER TOUCH was another who seemed inline for a tilt at the Triple Crown races but had a couple of setbacks. He returned, gelded in August and has looked promising in two starts since. (8) RACHEL makes a rare start at further than five-furlongs and can aim to cling on for a place. (5) SPARKLE looks the best of three here who return from lengthy layoffs. The lightly raced five-year-old has won three of four starts and races for the first time since April. He trialled adequately two weeks ago.
|Selections||(11) Useung Ticket (7) Good Dancer (12) Power Touch (5) Sparkle|
|Next Best||8, 2|
|Fast Start||7, 8, 12|
Seoul Race 9: Class 3 (1200M) Handicap / KRW 75 Million
Small but good-looking field. (7) CRAZY FACTOR beat three of these on his way to an eight-length class and distance win on July 28th, on what was his first start back from five months off. He made all that day on a very wet track and a repeat is possible here. He will though need to deal with an additional 5kg on his back and that may let in (5) DAEGUN JEPAE. He drops back in trip following 2nd place over 1400M in July and will be joining Crazy Factor on the early pace. (3) MATCH CAPTAIN and (2) PRO HAMSEONG came home 2nd and 3rd respectively behind Crazy Factor in that late July race and while they have eight-lengths to make up on that day’s winner, both can go closer this time. (4) INCHEON CHIEF has finished no worse than 4th in four starts at this level and can maintain that record today.
|Selections||(5) Daegun Jepae (7) Crazy Factor (3) Match Captain (4) Incheon Chief|
|Next Best||2, 8|
|Fast Start||2, 5, 7, 8|
Busan Race 6: Class 2 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
A surprise winner of the Minister’s Cup, the final leg of the Triple Crown, in June, (2) ROCK CHOICE backed up that form by winning over 1800M on his return to Busan at the end of July. He’s up in class here but is beautifully weighted and he’s favourite to secure what would be his fifth consecutive win coming, as ever, from way off the pace. Five of the others raced each other at class and distance on August 3rd with (7) ROYAL HEART coming out on top among them that day in 2nd. He was a long shot and while he’ll get a bit more respect this time, (10) KINGSTON HARBOR, 3rd that day, will be expected to overturn that form and pose the biggest threat to Rock Choice. (4) STAR ROAD has won three form six so far and while still eligible for class 3, takes his chance here under a very light weight. He’s not to be ruled out. (12) CHALLANHAN MISO has a win, a 2nd and a 3rd in three starts at this class and is another who is right in the hunt here.
|Selections||(2) Rock Choice (10) Kingston Harbor (12) Challanhan Miso (4) Star Road|
|Next Best||7, 11|
|Fast Start||3, 5, 11, 12|
Seoul Race 10: Class 2 (1400M) Handicap / KRW 90 Million
(8) MUNHAK TSUNAMI steps up in class following back to back win over 1400M. He’s won them well too and while this is significantly stiffer, a hat-trick of wins isn’t out of the question. (9) SAMSEONG DONGHANG is set to be the main danger. He comes in off 2nd place in a fast race on a muddy track over 1700M. He’ll join Munhak Tsunami on of close to the pace and the pair of them could be doing battle the entire way around. (4) ALPHAKAN ran well for 3rd at class and distance last start and should be in the placing frame again while another up in class, (6) SAMSAM VICTORY and (10) SIMPLE LIFE, who returns to more amenable company following a go in a couple of listed races, are others who can place.
|Selections||(8) Munhak Tsunami (9) Samseong Donghang (4) Alphakan (6) Samsam Victory|
|Next Best||10, 12|
|Fast Start||6, 8, 9, 10|
Seoul Race 11: Class 1 (1800M) Handicap / KRW 110 Million
This looks set to be the battle of the high draws. (11) GUTONGSA and (12) TIZ PLAN both come in off last start wins at this level at 2000M and 1800M respectively. Gutongsa has the weight advantage but Tiz Plan still looks to have scope for more development and could well come out on top here. (10) TOSCONOVA CAT is not to be discounted either. He ran 6th of 12 in the Busan Owners’ Cup at the end of July and has consistently run well in elite level handicaps. He’ll come from well off the pace and could well run them down. (5) SAMSEONG BULPAE finished 2nd to Tiz Plan on his latest start and is similarly nicely weighted to challenge for the minor money today. (7) SPEED JOY ran 6th on his first try at this class in July and can build on it today.
|Selections||(12) Tiz Plan (10) Tosconova Cat (11) Gutongsa (5) Samseong Bulpae|
|Next Best||6, 3|
|Fast Start||1, 3, 6|